Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I download spotify music from my windows 10 to my iPod?

How do I download spotify music from my windows 10 to my iPod?

I have an origional iPod, but I want to download my spotify music on it since I dont want to pay iTunes for every song. I have spotify downloaded, and my iPod hooked up. They must be synced in some way, because I managed to make all of my iPod's music a "local file". I have like 50 settings tabs open, but I still can't figure out how to take my spotify music (which is downloaded/avalible offline) and download it onto my iPod. I have a windows 10 operating system. And yes, I am aware that in most/all cases, this type of sync will delete all of my iTunes music.

1 Reply

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't believe you can sync Spotify music to an iPod in the way you can sync local iTunes files to Spotify 😞 I think this is because Spotify songs are encrypted (presumably for anti-piracy), and the Spotify program/app is needed to decode and play them. Since iPod classics don't support a Spotify app, you can't put Spotify music on them, sorry 😞 I've also heard it might have something to do with artist royalties (how would Spotify know how many times you'd played a song on your iPod, and so pay the artist the right amount?

I hope that helps!

Suggested posts