Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find out what playlist I am listening to?

Solved!

How do I find out what playlist I am listening to?

So when I opened Spotify, I saw a recommended playlist for throwback thursday dance party at the very top of the "Overview" section (just below the "summer music guide" banner. I started listening to it, and latger decided I want to save this playlist.

I went bacl to Spotify app, however the welcome page has now changed and is no longer showing this playlist, and I did searches and I can't find it.

I am still listening to the list though. I just don't know how to save it.

I hope this makes sense. I can see each individual song as it plays of course, but where do I find the original playlist?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I find clicking or double-clicking the song artwork usually takes you to the view you started playing from.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I read through this entire message board trying every single thing to solve this problem and none of the solutions worked...I gave up and tried the simplest thing I could. I clicked on the cover art and it took me straight to the playlist. I don't know if this will work for everyone but it worked for me! I hope that helps. Spotify really needs to fix this though...it is way to difficult to figure out!

Marked as solution

It's a single click, and double to go to the album the song is from. 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi guys!

I found the simplest solution in this query. This is only for desktop users.

1. Click the album cover of the song currently playing from the playlist.

2. There you go!

I also do hope Spotify will make it less stressful. I was frustrated before I found the solution myself.

35 Replies

have you tried going under the play Queue?

Thanks. I actually didn't even know about that. However it only shows me the upcoming queue it seems. No way to see the originating playlist.

At the top it says "Playing from: Browse", and clicking Browse just takes me back to the welcome screen.

Annoyingly since the Browse tab runs as an app inside Spotify, the play queue (and click to go to playlist system) doesn't work as it does with normal playlists.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Did you ever figure out how to find which playlist you are listening to? I'm in the exact predicament. This playlist rocks and I want to save it. I randomly clicked one of the featured playlists under the browse tab and now I don't know how to figure out which one it is. 😞

Marked as solution

I find clicking or double-clicking the song artwork usually takes you to the view you started playing from.

Arghh...I'm now in this boat. I'm listening to some amazing playlist and I can't figure out what it is .... sigh.

When I double-click the art, it just takes me back to the front of "browse."

I went and saved the songs to a playlist from the Play Queue and History. But, gosh, I'd sure like to know if whovever owns this list ever updates it.

Wow.

Under "Main" menu, there is a "Play Queue" press that on the righ you'll see the list of songs that are going to be played. On the top it says: Playing from: "The list name" you can click on the list name and follow or waht ever you like to do. 🙂

Hope it helps. Take care.

Under "Main" menu, there is a "Play Queue" press that on the righ you'll see the list of songs that are going to be played. On the top it says: Playing from: "The list name" you can click on the list name and follow or waht ever you like to do. 🙂

Hope it helps. Take care.

I had the same problem and your advice worked perfectly.  Thanks SalihElma! 

Mine just says "Playing from: Browse" 

😞

I've no solution that I know for that so far. Sorry.

Also I'd like to tell one thing you may not read this of course. it is just my opinion :).

Do you know what I'm actually sick and tired of spotfy :).

I believe this is all illusion. Thats all. It becomes impossible to build real music archive. Once you have subscribe you basicly loose everything. So the sooner you subscribe the less you are going to loose. Unless you are willing to be using spotf premiom for the rest of you life 😄

No this doesn't help at all. Inside Play Queue it lists the artist and album but not the current playlist in which the song is playing from. This seems like a rudmential feature that Spotify has ignored or has made it way to difficult to find. 

There is some hope 🙂 

I found playlist by google - i paste "Spotify playlist SongArtist SongName SongArtist2 SongName2" where SongArtist and SongName are proper name for actual songs from this playlist and it found me a proper link for playlist. 

Yeah i know thats not the best option but in my case it work 🙂

I hope u can do it also 🙂 

It just says "Playing from:  BROWSE".

I click on INDIE (Or any other list) and then click on "Play Queue" and it says "Playing from BROWSE".  It should say "Playing from:  INDIE"

It always says "Playing from BROWSE".

C'mon Spotify!  Get with the program here.  ; )  Please fix this.

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/180e49bc/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Annoyingly this still doesn't seem to be working. What is the point of having a "Browse" if I can't follow the playlist once I decide I like it. Only solution so far is to follow every playlist I start listening to and unfollow once I decide I dont' like it. Please post a real "Solution!" when there is one. Currently there's none.

C'mon guys fix this!

I had the same issue. Mine also said you are now listening to "browse". I had been listeneing to it for the last 8 hours and I guess the browse area refreshed all the playlists, because it was gone. I didn't remember what it looked like or what the name was.

In my particular situation, I had a general idea of what kind of music it was. You may be able to find your list using this method (though it's hardly a solution):

With your playlist STILL playing, put a search term of something you think it is. Make sure to browse the playlists you just searched for and don't look at albums or individual songs. Look for the "now playing" icon, displayed over the playlist art.

In my case, I had remembered the list was "indie" something or rather, so I searched for "indie" playlists, and in the search results, my list was shown with a "playing" icon indicating that was the list that was currently playing. I got lucky and was able to save what I was listening to!

As I said, hardly a solution, and Spotify should address this ASAP. Has anyone reported this bug?

Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 12.03.34 AM.png

Worked for me. Thanks.
Marked as solution

I read through this entire message board trying every single thing to solve this problem and none of the solutions worked...I gave up and tried the simplest thing I could. I clicked on the cover art and it took me straight to the playlist. I don't know if this will work for everyone but it worked for me! I hope that helps. Spotify really needs to fix this though...it is way to difficult to figure out!

This worked fantastic thank you!

Hope they can make this more visible in future!

Suggested posts