Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find out what playlist I am listening to?

Solved!

How do I find out what playlist I am listening to?

So when I opened Spotify, I saw a recommended playlist for throwback thursday dance party at the very top of the "Overview" section (just below the "summer music guide" banner. I started listening to it, and latger decided I want to save this playlist.

I went bacl to Spotify app, however the welcome page has now changed and is no longer showing this playlist, and I did searches and I can't find it.

I am still listening to the list though. I just don't know how to save it.

I hope this makes sense. I can see each individual song as it plays of course, but where do I find the original playlist?

35 Replies

WOW! i cant believe i tried so many things but that. Thank you so much!

Life saver 🙂

Marked as solution

It's a single click, and double to go to the album the song is from. 🙂

Was trying to figure out how to get the playlist name to which the songs were playing from too, and found a solution. I opened Spotify on my phone, while the songs were playing on my laptop, and tapped the song on my phone. You'll be able to see 'Playing From Playlist' at the top 🙂

When clicking on artwork does not work for you or you've clicked 'play' on a list in the 'browse' section - this is your solution! 😄

Marked as solution

Hi guys!

I found the simplest solution in this query. This is only for desktop users.

1. Click the album cover of the song currently playing from the playlist.

2. There you go!

I also do hope Spotify will make it less stressful. I was frustrated before I found the solution myself.

Here is a way, go to the artist's page and check the 'about' (there r three tabs overview related, artists, about ) and scroll down to the bottom, there is a list of discovered on. there are the playlists to which this song belong to. hope you can find something you need there 

Clicking the artwork only works for me SOMETIMES.  Spotify interface still lacks a good way to find music I like, and playlists often seem like the best method of finding that music.  Wish they worked better.

You saved my life! Thanks 🙂

I'm glad to find that someone has found the solution, but the actuality of clicking on a song's album's artwork to go to a playlist is not intuitive. I have always assumed (since the thumbnail is a different picture than the actual playlist's artwork) that I would be taken to the album's page. This is really weird and illogical. Things need to match to be obvious. Anyway, glad to know it, now!

Doesn't work on an iPad 

In the left rail, you should see "Recently Played" under "YOUR MUSIC". It's right under Browse and Radio. Click on the "Recently Played" link and it will show you all the playlists and artists to which you have been listening. If you're still listening to the playlist, you will see the speaker icon on top of the playlist cover art. If you're not longer listening to that "lit playlist with all the bangers," it should be one of the ones shown. Click on the playlists until you find the one for which you're looking. 

Thank You!

though it appears that for playlists that change (eg 'Discover Weekly'), clicking the song's artwork does not bring up the version of the playlist that had the song, but rather only the latest version of the playlist.

Works around 20% of the time at best on the desktop version. Considering how long Spotify has been going for it is a wonder that they still haven't sorted out half the issues that have bugged this platform since the onset.

Suggested posts