I think you are loosing focus on what is really important. It is software first and then content... I do not care about contents, I can find any content that I want to if I really want to. And even more importantly - your algorithms for personalized plays list had already proved that I can enjoy music from an artist that is known to only 100 people as much as the most popular artist out here. And this is simply great.
The only reason I am using spotify and paying for it is because it solves a problem for me - it is able to find me a music that I like without me losing hours of searching , listening, bookmarking etc.. Thus features like "Discover Weekly" and the new one "Daily mix" are really crucial and in fact is the only reason I pay and use the service. The above features work really, really well. Therefore missing those feature on the desktop client is like having no desktop client... This is even missing from the web player...
This is not the first time you omit the desktop applications.. But guess what, there are people that still use something different than a phone.. Right now I am so frustrated that I would go ahead and click unsubscribe If there was only an alternative.. (I can not consider anything from apple as alternative). But someday there will be, and if you continue omitting the small things, you will be just one of the many streaming services outhere... Everyone will implement an algorithm for personalizing plays list but many will not have excellent windows/ios/android and web clients.
Hey guys, figured I'd add this work around on here as its helped me listen to my Daily Mixes while at work on my desktop.
Make sure Spotify is open on your Desktop and follow the steps below:
1) Go to your Daily Mix on your mobile device, select the Daily Mix you'd like to listen to.
2) Then make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the playlist to load more songs into the playlist. Continue loading songs as desired.
3) Once you have a substantial amount of songs loaded into your Daily Mix, press Play.
4) On your Desktop app, at the bottom, click on "Devices Available" or "Your Devices Name" which will be next to your sound bar highlighted green. This will bring up a small window, select "This Computer".
5) Then, to the right of your audio bar, select the icon with three lines (thick top bar with two thinner lines below). This will bring up your current Play Queue.
You can now view all the songs you loaded into your Daily Mix from your mobile device on your computer! Enjoy!
that is an extremely inconvenient way to handle things JUST ADD IT TO THE GODDAMNED PC VERSION IT'S ALREADY THERE JUST ADD THE UI ELEMENT TO ACCESS IT SO I DONT HAVE TO GRAB MY PHONE TO LISTEN TO MY DAILY MIX PLEASE