Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I fix "Post flooding detected"?

How do I fix "Post flooding detected"?

I am trying to make an idea request and it is impossible for me to make a report because I had some errors in my initial post. I fixed them but now I am getting "Post flooding detected" How exactly do I go about fixing this? I just wanted to make an idea request. Or at the very least, it should tell us when we are able to post again. 

5 Replies

Hi there @josephshaheen4,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

The purpose of the message "Post flooding detected" is to protect the Community from spam, however unfortunately sometimes it can show up for users who are just trying to post or submit an idea. 

In this case, we suggest that you try again in a few hours to see if that makes the difference.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

That was a very strange reply from Spotify. Doesn't Spotify want feedback and ideas from the users? I have ran into this symptom a couple of times without any reason, no error to fix, the forum SW just ways something was wrong, and then I can't repost due to this spam bug in the forum SW.

Hey @bosi,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

In Spotify, the user's opinion is very important as it helps us in correcting issues, reporting bugs and updating the app's function and features to offer a better experience overall day by day. However, the error Post flooding detected is shown when the user tries to post multiple times in a short period of time to prevent spam in our Ideas Exchange board.

We apologize if this error is giving you a hard time, but we'd suggest waiting a couple of hours to post it again and avoid the error. 

We appreciate the time you took posting your ideas and sharing this feedback. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Are you accusing me for spamming your forum? Please read what I wrote. I do not spam your forum. I am trying to post one single post. And if you randomly force me to wait a few hours, you will not get any (positive) feedback from me. Please fix this bug, for you own sake.

Hey there @bosi,

Thanks for your reply here.

You can be sure we're not accusing you of anything here. Please also make sure to carefully read what we're saying as we literally said the opposite and that we do want to hear your feedback.

As mentioned, the spam protection system is automated and we don't have control over it as it is part of the website platform we use and it activates based on specific factors, such as multiple attempts to post in a short amount of time.

It is quite strange for us as well to be having this conversation than to be reading the feedback that you've wanted to submit to us. It seems you're able to post now so it is quite baffling why you're not using this opportunity to share your feedback as you say you want to instead of focusing on the error you encountered that seems to have already been resolved with some time as expected.

We'll be closing this thread as it's going in circles and we're not getting anything constructive out of it, rather it seems you're frustrated about the error, which is understandable, but we hope you can understand that we cannot make everyone happy and have full control of everything. We're doing our best to help wherever we can, but at the same time do not have unlimited resources and can be everywhere at once.

Any constructive feedback is very much welcome on the Community and we assure you that it is read and actioned upon when we have the opportunity to do so.

Take care.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts