Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I see artists I **bleep** about on browse?

How do I see artists I **bleep** about on browse?

I have a simple problem: I want to see the hundreds of artists I follow's releases, unfortunately I cannot find a place to browse them without wasting hours individually going through them to see if a new single or album has been released.

Is it possible to browse new releases of only people I am following?  Or am I going to be forced to have Christina Aguilara and Guns'n'Roses forced down my throat every time I want to see if music relevant to me has been released? 

I know the feature used to exist on spotify, and I want to know if it is possible to see a simple chronological list of new releases from exclusively artists I am following.

If this is not possible I will likely be cancelling my spotify subscription as such a basic feature being removed seems more anti-consumer than anything, much akin to facebook and instagram removing chronological feeds in an attempt to limit what I can see using some "magic algorithm is learning please**bleep** excuse. 

If anyone knows how to access this basic feature I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

1 Reply

Hey @givemebasicinfo

I understand your frustration on this.

Spotify does have a spot for new releases from artists you listen to or follow - it's under Browse-Discover and called as "New Releases For You".

If you use last.fm, it has a section for new releases too. The only thing is that you'll still have to use Spotify or some other platform for scrobbling/listening purposes, unless a kind person has linked a youtube video to the track.

Hopefully this helps you on this 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts