Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you like a podcast?

How do you like a podcast?

Plan: Student Premium

Device: Laptop (Acer Nitro 5)

My Question or Issue

I seem to be experiencing some difficulties with liking podcast episodes. Unlike songs that I can open and click the Heart/Like button for when I go to do the same with podcast episodes the heart icon disappears. I'm unsure which is the glitch seeing the heart icon or being able to click on it. I'm thinking it's perhaps the former since I can only see the hearts when I go into the queue as opposed to songs that I can see the heart icons for from the playlist as well.  If this is the case does anyone know if the idea to allow liking of podcast episodes has been submitted as an idea yet? I realize that Spotify only seems to be removing features lately as opposed to adding new ones but perhaps it's still worth a shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies

Hey @Pfoterac,

Oddly enough, I can't seem to replicate the issue you've described. It does sound like a potential glitch of some sort. To the best of my knowledge, there is not currently a way to favorite individual episodes of a podcast.

I recommend checking out the following ideas that are related to yours and adding your vote/comments there:

[Podcasts] Podcast Like Button

[Web Player][Podcasts] Like Podcast Episodes and Create Liked Episodes Playlist

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spoiler
I dont want to '+', I want to 'like'

I can '+' an episode to add to my favourite episodes, but I just want to show some love for the podcast. I dont want to favourite it, for me, I want to show love, for the show, for the hosts, for the guests.

Do you have this feature?

Screenshot 2022-03-23 132217.png

Hi @mimi102102,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Although this is not currently possible through the Spotify app, you can reach out to the podcast creator on their social media profiles and show them your support.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts