How to empty Local Files

Solved!

How to empty Local Files

JoshuaBennett
Gig Goer

Ok so in my Local Files I have A LOT of songs. Because of those songs being in Local Files, I am unable to listen to them. I switched off the the various sources for Local Files as Spotify Support advised and the songs didn't disappear. I even deleted the songs from the original source. I dont know what to do now... It's really ANNOYING!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: How to empty Local Files

Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

Hi, thanks for posting! Definitely sounds like a frustrating issue. It seems like this is likely some sort of caching issue since disabling the sources from your settings didn't even work. Have you tried a clean reinstallation of Spotify? That will often resolve issues like that and should break the connection to the old local tracks that it keeps trying to load, especially since you mention that you've removed those tracks from the location where it was looking for them.

dinomightRock Star 10
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
3 Replies
Solution!

Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

Hi, thanks for posting! Definitely sounds like a frustrating issue. It seems like this is likely some sort of caching issue since disabling the sources from your settings didn't even work. Have you tried a clean reinstallation of Spotify? That will often resolve issues like that and should break the connection to the old local tracks that it keeps trying to load, especially since you mention that you've removed those tracks from the location where it was looking for them.

dinomightRock Star 10

JoshuaBennett
Gig Goer

I tried it and am VERY pleased with my results! I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Highlighted

Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

No problem, glad that fixed it for you!

dinomightRock Star 10
SUGGESTED POSTS