Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album art in lower left corner is missing?

Solved!

Album art in lower left corner is missing?

Plan

Premium

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Where is the album art in the bottom left corner on the desktop app?  It only shows the song and artist, now there's no good way to easily click to the playlist or page it is playing from...

spotify.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try resizing the left pane. When I started dragging the separation bar the art came back.

View solution in original post

61 Replies

Hi there! I am having an issue where I can no longer see the album artwork in the playlist column. Can anyone help me get this back? What do I need to press?

Hey @studioloft

In the desktop player, on the left side of the control bar at the bottom of the app you should see a tiny album cover picture on the left of the current song.

Move your cursor to that little picture. You should see a darker circle with the ^ symbol. Click on it.

Now the album picture should be big. 🙂

If you're still having issues, please specify what device and Spotify client you're using.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Sebasty!

Take a look at the attached screenshot. I dont see the button youre talking about.

The funny part is I feel like I know what youre talking about, but one day I was prompted to upgrade the application and it was just gone 😞

spotify problem.PNG

@studioloft

Oh, that's interesting!

What version of Spotify are you on? (click the upper-left three dots - Help - About Spotify)

I'm on version 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e and I have album art in there.

I'd recommend reinstalling your Spotify client - maybe some glitch is causing this:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

Currently running 1.0.81.325.g17f71170

I just tried the uninstall and reinstall - same problem 😞

I really hope Spotify hasnt removed this feature... For now I will have to use the full screen browser.

Hey @studioloft

That's pretty weird!

If possible, could you try Spotify on another PC to see if you can see the album artwork there? 🙂

Also, does anything change when you go offline/online (the upper-left three dots - File - Offline Mode)?

Keep me posted 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

I have the same problem too. Already tried your advice but still the artwork is disappear.

i have the same problem, seemed to be working the other day. just feels empty without the artwork.

Hey @razboi and @chrissdhon

Are you also on version 1.0.81? 🙂

(to see your Spotify version, click the three dots upper-left, go to Help and click on About Spotify).

Also, if you're Premium, you should be able to see the full-screen icon on the right of the volume slider. This will take you to a different view with the large album artwork of the currently playing song.

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star

@sebasty @razboi @chrissdhon

Just updated - still an issue in 1.0.82.419.g132b12c0 

I can confirm this is now an issue on my laptop too when updated. So sad 😞

The full screen is just not the same.

Does anyone know if Spotify posts version release notes online somewhere?

Well it seems a bug maybe from the update and only some users experienced it. Because i did nothing and the artwork is back to normal.

@chrissdhon

I'm glad to hear album art is back for you!

Is the issue still present for you, @studioloft and @razboi?

SebastySpotify Star

Yep 😕

RESOLUTION!!!

Heres what didnt work: Uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

What did work, I uninstalled it again and installed the Windows Store app. The Windows App is idential to the .exe with the difference being this one has the album art 🙂

Hi there, 

I am having the exact same problem and can't figure out how to gte the album artwork back.

Hey there, try uninstalling it and installing the version from the Windows Store. It works just the same and includes album art 🙂

So if anyone is curious, i fixed it by just resizing the left column once. dunno what went wrong there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

same here

Same here. No options to bring it back it seems. First they take away the notifications for new releases, and now they remove album art.

Suggested posts