Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hey all, on mobile there's an option called "Find in Liked Songs" when in your liked songs list. The way it works is for example if I type the words "killers" and also "panic" it will filter out and show only songs, artists, etc that have either one of those words in them (for me it would be "The Killers" songs and "Panic and the Disco" songs. I was wondering if there's an equivalent thing in the desktop app. There is a "filter" option at the top but it seems to function to where for the results to show they have to have both words in a single result. 

Thanks, all.

3 Replies

KayRivera
I'm glad to see that you still have the filter option on your playlists. There are a number of us that have been placed in a 'test' update where we no longer even have that basic option 😞

Ivan

Hey there @johna0531 and @KayRivera,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

The filtering option you describe is usually available on the Spotify desktop app. As @KayRivera mentioned, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try only temporarily. Check out this help article for more info about test features.

We’d also suggest you go to this Live Idea created by our users and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

johna0531

That sucks... But yeah, I love this option on mobile. It's a good way to create on the fly playlist by just listing the keywords of the artists, songs, etc you want to show up in the "playlist" and just shuffle play the results.

Suggested posts

Env: prod