Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove spotify podcasts in home page?

How to remove spotify podcasts in home page?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Okay so I want to remove unwanted podcasts that appear in my home page. I don't understand why I get inappropriate podcasts in my home page. I don't want anyone to see this and get the wrong idea. Please show us how to remove podcasts or get a feature ASAP please.

21 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Currently the app doesn't support users customization of the Home screen. It seems however that other users have also requested this to be changed and they've created this idea. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, as soon  as there are any. So make sure to subscribe, if you haven't already. 

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You put Rotten Mango Podcast on my Home Page - Get rid of it NOW!

Plan

Premium

Country

Peru

Hello, I need some suggestions to delete some inappropriate content on my home page. I started to watch some unwanted podcast and playlist. I need to delete those,  Thanks!!

Hi there @souldev,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

As mentioned above - it's not possible to customize your start screen at the moment. However, there's currently an idea - [All Platforms] Customize Start Screen. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the idea for any updates regarding this.

Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The status is: Not Right Now

Why?

This is literally the feature that's preventing me from becoming a Premium user. I don't wanna get recommendations based on some dumb podcasts I heard an episode of 5 years ago.

And when is this going to be implemented? Then plan has been up for three years. more **** is being added and its ******* annoying. I just want a clean home screen on a service I am paying for. 

There have been multiple threads like this and all I keep seeing is moderators asking to upvote an idea. It makes customers feel powerless while we get more unwanted stuff shoved down our throats. No one wants Spotify to become more like a social media. I do not want to log in with my socials. I don't want 10, probably paid for, podcast advertisements on my homepage and I don't care what other people are listening to. I just want to play some songs if I feel like it and not be bothered.

With kinds, yet annoyed regards,

These threads have popped up numerous times with enough votes and your company doesn't give a damn about doing anything about it.

The worst part, it really insults me when I have to see certain personalities I absolutely despise just because you want me to try a podcast which I never will.

GIVE ME A DAMN OPTION IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR!

Ok buddies... lose all hope... They just dismissed the idea like 18 months ago (scroll down on the idea proposed above). It looks as someone mentioned they care s**t about premium users and they keep throwing undesired proposals into our home screen because... someone pays Spotify for it... so as long as it's a business, they will not give a dimme on our opinion.

hey man you can just go to the artist that makes the podcast, and on the three dots next to their name, click and select "don't play this" and it should go away

It's pretty common to share audio content/media to friends, and not all of that is going to be liked by the person on the recieving end. User's should inherently have the ability to remove content that is not of their own listening/viewing preferences. Not all media from any given user is actually their own, the option to delete specific content off of a user's homepage is necessary to accurately curate and display content that is genuinely their own. People use Spotify as their main audio platform, so for example, if someone had a listening assignment for their class and the audio/media was available on Spotify, it would be ideal to listen on the platform but it should not be inherently added to the user's currated list of content. We should be able to remove specific media from our page.

I listened to one episode of a podcast for a singer I like and now can’t get the podcast to leave my homepage. I almost want to delete my account and create a new one it’s so annoying!! 

Absurd this thread has been up for years and no solution. I have podcasts on my homepage I want removed. I hate seeing it every time I open the app. How about y’all get your tech roadmap together and actually fix this? Or is your tech debt so deep you can’t even fix this issue. 

This seems like such a basic feature. I accedientally listened to part of an audiobook a while ago and now it's just sitting in the middle of my homepage forever more.

I open the app to play music not podcasts. At least have a separate section for this garbage. Getting blasted by the Joe Rogan Experience every time I open the app is not really inducing a pleasurable user experience. Why should I have to scroll to find what I pay for?  Get a grip.

I found a solution on a french website (translated)
The solution I found for removing an unwanted podcast from the home page (in the mobile app)

- go to the podcast page
- then rate the podcast (either via the three dots or the starred tab) with the lowest possible rating

The podcast has disappeared from the home page.

You must have at least one episode of the podcast marked as read to be able to rate it (podcast page, preferences tab (the cogwheel) then Manage / mark as listened to).

I’ve had the same problem, and I found that if you mark the podcast as played and then rate it one star it’ll remove it. You might get suggestions for similar ones, but it won’t be on your continue listening. Hope it helps!

Having this problem with a creepypasta podcast with a really gory/terrifying picture. The solution didn't work, I rated it one star and it still has not gone away.

I want to use spotify for the music, and to be in my own world, not to have emily effing milk-curdling maitlis glaring at me when I open the app. When is spotify going to learn that I don't want them to throw millions at rancid low-vibe news presenters and joe blooddy rogan and his rancid mancave, and Spare Harry and meghan's gloatfest. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER SPOTIFY. AND LET US CUSTOMISE THE APP.

Spotify, listen to what your users want. Add a way to remove stuff from the homepage.

If I listened to one episode from a podcast, it doesn’t mean I want this podcast polluting my homepage.

Suggested posts