Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to see album cover in full screen instead of band picture?

How to see album cover in full screen instead of band picture?

I used to be able to click on the "Full screen" button (two diagonal arrows on the bottom-right of the application window) and see the cover art of the album I was currently listening in full screen and in a high resolution.

The full screen now most of the times shows a picture of the artist and maintains only a small square owith the album cover art in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Is there a way that I can get the album cover art in full screen again instead of a picture of the band?

Thank you very much for your help!

26 Replies

Hi there @riktros,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We can confirm that this is the expected behavior of the app now and it's not possible to change it to only show the album cover. However, we appreciate your feedback on this matter and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks.

You can also check our Ideas board to see if someone else has suggested that idea and add your +Vote to it. If there are none, you can submit your own Idea, so others users that would like this can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this article.

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I want to comment on this feature change too.
I guess it makes sense when there actually is a band image to show. But most of the time, the information on-screen fades away to just leave a solid color because, I'm guessing, there is no artist picture available. In those cases, this feature is absolutely pointless. You just end up with the entire screen being a flat color.

I would really prefer to have the choice of whether I want it to fade out or stay. For me, having the album art, song title and playback menu on-screen all the time makes much more sense.
But with the recent change, using the desktop app in full-screen makes almost no sense to me.

- Matt

Hi there @Selflove,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey there, I also want to see the album in full size. The artists made thoughts about their cover. Why do you at Spotify not let us see it with all the details? Music is about art, please respect the artists.
There is no technical reason to not make this possible. Except (your) money. /irony off

100% Agree with this post... Spoifiy if you were smart you would integrate options to view cover art, band info, Attached booklets, if any... So often i'm clicking the cover art on the desktop app and nothing :(... Do you not remember how cool album cover art was pre-internet and greatly contributed to sales?.  You'd make a killing in new Subs.  and engage you with your customers more.

Hi. Spotify settings; Data saver - OFF ; boom! Hope this helps. *T

Not being able to put a full album cover on the screen has to be the most infuriating, senseless decision I've come across thusfar.

I really do like the Artist album art, but I don't want to see the same picture all the time. I want to see what album I am listening to. 

Why do this change? People have been asking for full-screen album art for years and years.  And you go off a weird tangent.

I also support a feature request to have Album art on Fullscreen!!

Some of the artist pics are good and work fullscreen, but others are more Cringe-worthy than Fullscreen worthy...

Album covers are ALWAYS an intentional piece of art so will ALWAYS work well.

Would also love to see this feature implemented!

Would love to have album art instead of artist pic on full screen!

Browsed for an option how to change this, but to my disappointment I found this thread ..

Absolutely! The artists and the art departments of studios went to a lot of trouble to create images that suit the music. Shame on Spotify for disrespecting artists. We should be able to fill the entire screen with album art.

Hi folks!

There's a live idea about having a larger album artwork while in fullscreen mode here, so be sure to check it out and give it a thumbs up (if you haven't already) to show your support!

Currently, the larger album artwork is limited to local files and to tracks whose artists have not yet set up a banner on their profile.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

album art is important, put it center stage, stop messing about with your video platform hopes!

or at least have a setting for it  🙄

Honestly don't know why spotify has to "take" anything away (my favorite songs). Not allowing the album art fill up the screen was an unnecessary change as we had the option for it to do so if we wanted it to or not. It was a feature I would use constantly because it brought a nice atmosphere and I could actually SEE the art. I didn't have to squint at a tiny little square.

BRING IT BACK.

Same. I was getting so frustrated thinking it was my account or the app broke and decided to finally just google it and well...hi.

Showing the band banner in augmented view makes no sense. The band pic is already quite large without the zoom. What would really make sense is to show the f-ing album cover.

Please, please, go back to having the option to show the album artwork more prominently.  Many times, the background artwork of the artist doesn't even match the lineup of the group as it was when the album was released. 

I've noticed when listening through the app on my phone, the album artwork is more prominent.  But listening at home via Mac or Windows computer through my sound system, no such luck!

Spotify, please allow us to view album art in high-res fullscreen!!

The current fullscreen mode is meaningless to me because there's no option to view the album cover. Artists put great effort into their album covers and they deserve to be displayed in high resolution - not tucked into a thumbnail in the corner of the Spotify window.

Thanks.

Suggested posts