How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop?

Solved!
Highlighted

How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop?

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop? In the mobile app they are alphabetically sorted automatically, so they should be able to sort the same way on the desktop version, right? but how?

Elena

Hey folks!

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on this to us here on the Community.

We'll be passing on your thoughts to the right team here and in the meantime we'd recommend keeping an eye on this idea to read more about this and for update!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop?

Casual Listener

Hello!

I see the problem and I think I know how to solve it. If you are on your desktop version of Spotify, I'm sure you can click and drag on each playlist to alphabetize them yourself. 

I hope your problem is fixed!

View solution in original post

43 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

Hello!

I see the problem and I think I know how to solve it. If you are on your desktop version of Spotify, I'm sure you can click and drag on each playlist to alphabetize them yourself. 

I hope your problem is fixed!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thanks!! That does work. It's just pretty tedious when you have over 100 playlists saved. I was hoping spotify would have a sort option but they must not.

Highlighted

Regular
If you search here you will find people have been asking about this REPEATEDLY since 2012 but nothing has changed with the desktop UI. Every so often someone posts this request and Spotify responds with "you can already do that!," and instructions on how to (obviously) sort *within* playlists by artist alphabetically. Then they close the thread. But as a 7+ year premium subscriber I have NEVER seen a legitimate response to this question from Spotify that explains why we cannot have an option to sort the playlist *listing* itself alphabetically on the desktop UI.
It's basic functionality: I have 100+ playlists and am not going to spend an hour moving them all around manually-- why can't the programmers add this *basic* functionality? and why have so many requests to do so been either ignored or intentionally misread to mean something else?
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Well said! And I concur, this is a very basic functionality that should be pretty easy to incorporate. I'm sure a lot of premium subscribers would appreciate it! I use spotify at work on my desktop everyday.

Highlighted

Re: How to sort my playlists alphabetically on the desktop app of windows 10?

Music Fan

Well, this has indeed been asked many times before and there was no answer ever that worked. Could Spotify ever admit that this cannot be done !!! or answer with a real receipe. Maybe Spotify teams never really read questions and leave it to the users to haggle it out by themselves. I specify that this concerns the Windows desktop and not the mobile apps. Android apps of Spotify do allow the ordering of playlists alphabetically, but not not the Windows desktop app !!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Also a premium subscriber for many years, I think it's obvious and I'm not being snarky towards you at all:  bottom line - they just don't care about the desktop app users, we're dinosaurs in their world.  They focus on the mobile apps for their target customer.

Highlighted

This is not a solution! Basic functionality and it should be one click. This is kind of hilarious, actually .

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I hear computers are very good at sorting things.

In fact I've heard they actively enjoy it and makes them inaudibly ping with joy when doing it.

Sort it out for chrissakes, this must be in the top 10 spotify "feature" wishlist.

Highlighted

Regular
I suspected this, and I think it is time for me to look for an alternative to spotify
SUGGESTED POSTS