Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to star/favorite songs in the new design?

How to star/favorite songs in the new design?

How can I star/favorite a song in the new dark design? As it is now it's far from obvious and I consider myself somewhat tech savvy. The only idea that got to my mind was clicking the + as shown in the image below but it doesn't favorite the song when I check my "Starred" list.

ScreenShot006.jpg

Ideas? 🙂

6 Replies

Noticed I can right click the song and save it to Starred as it is now considered a playlist I think.

Source: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/What-happened-to-the-stars/td-p/709237

Yup, starred is treated like the other playlists so you can now add tracks to it from the pop-up menu or by simply dragging and dropping the song onto the starred list.

It would be nice though if +'d songs  was added to the Starred list too. But I assume Starred is a feature which will slowly die and disappear so maybe it's not necessary afterall.

As it's just a playlist now, it is already dead. Playlists, on the other hand, live on but we can use them as they should be used now and not for organising albums and artists. Yay!

This is a step backwards in my opinion. Starring a track is a special action for a lot of people that want to track their favorite music as they listen. Favoriting things around the internet is so common I'm surprised they've relegated this simple action to a two-click or drag process.

I'm trying to tidy up a bit so that posts not related to Black Spotify or Your Music don't get lost. I'm going to lock this thread and would ask you to continue discussion in one of the following threads. This will also make it easier for Spotify to follow your feedback. Thanks.

Missing stars and starring

New Black UI design

Your Music discussion

My Library

Suggested posts