Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to view all followed artists (only 400 displayed) ?

How to view all followed artists (only 400 displayed) ?

Plan

Premium

Country

NO

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I click on "My library" and click on "Artists", the list of artists displayed seemed to be limited to a random selection of 400 1000artists, but I follow around 2600-2700 artists. How can I see which artists I follow in a list, including the artists not displayed among the 400  1000 random artists?

Spotify version is 1.1.59.714.g7e040462-a , if that helps anything.

Edit: When I checked a second time, the list of artists seem to be limited to 1000 instead of 400. Maybe something changed server side inbetween when I checked the first time and second time.

5 Replies

Hi there @Arikabeth

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

In this case, we suggest that you log out > close the app completely and then log back in > repeat this process twice. We know this sounds odd, but it's how the app forces a cache refresh. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind letting us know if the issue persists using a different PC? Also, could you let us know if you're able to see all your followed artists on a different device?

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey, after searching around for a bit, it seems like the amount of artists which can be displayed in the library became limited to 1000 artists after an update which occured around early 2019 (though I supposed it may have been rolled out at different times for different profiles).

I tried restarting and tested on differenct PCs with the issue persisting.

I tested looking at the artist list using the web browser version of Spotify, and it appears all the artists I follow show up properly using the web browser version.

Hi @Arikabeth

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you're following a very large number of artists, it can affect the optimal performance of the app since it has to constantly sync such amounts of data.

In this case, we'd recommend taking a look at this post from @MattSuda for more info about this.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you for the link. I wonder if some of the information in the post might be outdated since the last post was about a year ago though? The latest large UI update for Spotify might have changed up what the plans/intentions for the desktop UI artist limit is suppose to be. In either case I don't have much hope for much changes to the UI following the last update since there seems to be so many other facets that needs to be updated, so that the artist limit is probably very very far down on the priority list of what needs to be adressed (especially since it only impacts a tiny minority of "power users" with more than 1000 artists followed).

Hey @Arikabeth,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The information in the article that @Eni posted still hold true, even though it was posted a while back. The relevant team is working on possible solutions, however we can't set a specific timeframe for when this will be fixed. We recommend keeping your app up to date with the latest version in order to make use of any fixes and improvements, as soon as they are rolled out.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts