Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Huge drop on playlist follower count

Solved!

Huge drop on playlist follower count

I have a playlist that I started three years ago that was up to near 520 followers now it has lost it half followers in less than 24 hours !  I've seen followers come and go, but not like this. Is there any explaination for this other than all of these people just suddenly decided to clean out their follow lists and unfollowed?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be happy to explain what happened.

We found that our datasets had been over-counting followers for some users for a little while. We’ve now resolved that issue, so you may see a small reduction in your total follower count. Rest assured, every listener who has chosen to follow your playlist is still following it.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this.

Stay awesome 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country UK 

Device

(iPhone 6s

Operating System

(iOS 12.2.)

My Question or Issue

Hi guys,

I’ve noticed an abnormal drop in followers on a few of my playlists. I monitor follower count on a daily basis and usually drops/rises are in the single figure to double digits however a few of them are showing drops in excess of several hundred which seems a bit odd. Can you advise if anything will be affecting this? 

I also have have an issue where I have to continually refollow an artist as every time I check their page it shows I am not following them.

Thanks,

Jonathan

I have the same exact problem, happened over night tonight...wth?

Had the same thing happening to one of my playlists as well. It dropped more than 25% over night from 550 followers to 392. Kind of curios to what triggered this, my best guess is that it's either a bug or that the count based has been re-assessed based on the number of active accounts and removing inactive accounts from the follower count.

Have the same problem. Lost half of my followers on one of my 14 playlists over night. Chatted with the Spotify team who said they would fix it, but only restored roughly 40% of my followers. 

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be happy to explain what happened.

We found that our datasets had been over-counting followers for some users for a little while. We’ve now resolved that issue, so you may see a small reduction in your total follower count. Rest assured, every listener who has chosen to follow your playlist is still following it.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this.

Stay awesome 🙂

Miscount? Is that a nicer way of saying that you're removing all the bots and fake accounts right now?

Suggested posts