Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I Followed a Tutorial to block ads on spotify. Now it wont work on my device.

Solved!

I Followed a Tutorial to block ads on spotify. Now it wont work on my device.

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

So a while back i was getting tired of spotify ads, so i decided to follow a guide on how to block them. After a while where i didn't use spotify, I came back and now my device cant connect. It cant connect on the app, or the web player. Sometimes it says "googleadservices.com refused to connect" or "open.spotify.com refused to connect." I can use the app just fine on my phone and laptop, but i cant seem to open it on my computer. I forgot how i blocked the ads, but is there any way i could unblock some websites or an ip with command promt or powershell that would fix this issue?

So far ive tried: 

Restarting

Reinstalling spotify multiple times

running some commands in cmd to see if i had blocked any ip

turned off my antivirus

turned off windows firewall

turned off windows defender.

What could i do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Hasan6, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

The only way to "block" ads is to upgrade and use Premium.

Have you tried undoing the steps, I mean uninstalling or removing anything that tutorial suggested you to do?

I'd suggest following this Spotify Answer to do a proper clean reinstall of Spotify.

If it's still not working check out this Spotify Answer to see if it makes any difference.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Hasan6, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

The only way to "block" ads is to upgrade and use Premium.

Have you tried undoing the steps, I mean uninstalling or removing anything that tutorial suggested you to do?

I'd suggest following this Spotify Answer to do a proper clean reinstall of Spotify.

If it's still not working check out this Spotify Answer to see if it makes any difference.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

At the time it worked, but now it seems to block google ads services. I did
this about a year ago, and can’t remember what I did

Hey @Hasan6,

If you can't find the video again try my suggested steps in my previous post.

Thanks 🙂

so checking my hosts and getting rid of every spotify and google ad services ip worked for me. thank you.

U can basicaly remove all spotify ads by googling: Spotify no ads power shell command

Follow the steps from any github available, you won't regret!

Note: I'm not Spotify employee. But those who say that ads are unremovable are just Spotify dear pet users...

Suggested posts