Premium

Country

France

Device

Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have a problem. On my desktop app, with Windows 10, I can't change my location off my offline storage location. I just don't have the setting even in "Show Advanced setting". I tried to contact the support, they are useless with my problem, I tried to do a clean uninstallation, I tried to launch as an admin. There is some screenshot of my setting and my Spotify version in attachment

Settings.png
Advanced Settings.png
AboutSpotify.png
5 Replies

Can soneone help me ? I really need help right now

I tried with my brother's account and whith that I have the option in his account on my computer. And When I return on my account (in the same computer) I don't have the setting anymore. So i think that my account has a bug. So please spotify's admins, can you read this post and do you job or somthing ?

I'm paying a sucription for nothing atm ...

Hey @Notizz,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We can see that you're running the New Desktop Experience, and we can confirm that a new update is currently rolling out to all users where the option to select the offline storage location is available, so we recommend running a clean reinstall again by following these steps to ensure you're running the latest version of the app.

You can read more about the New Desktop Experience in this thread, where you can also leave your feedback about it. You can also Subscribe to it to be on top of any new updates we share about it.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thx for your awnser, but how do I leave this New Desktop Experience. I don't want to be one of the testers anymore, I didn't ask for this

Hey @Notizz,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Which accounts are set to the New Desktop Experience is determined at the server level and can't be manually influenced. A possible workaround would be to create a new account with a different e-mail address or through Facebook and check if you can see the option to change the offline storage location is available there. If it works on the new account you can copy your playlists from the old account using the steps here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts