Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't change the order of the queue anymore!

I can't change the order of the queue anymore!

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Laptop - using Spotify Desktop version

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Somehow Spotify was updated and I have lost a TON of features, many of which have been mentioned in other threads. One thing that I haven't seen brought up is that I can no longer skip to a specific song on my queue anymore. I can only click "next" to get to the next song in the queue.

Let's say I add three albums to my queue to listen to and I end up hating the first album and want to skip ahead to the second album which is 10 songs down on my queue. I used to be able to go to the queue and scroll to the song I want to play and double click and it would automatically adjust to that spot in the queue. This feature has been removed and my only option is to click "NEXT" 10 times. This is so frustrating. STOP REMOVING FEATURES!

7 Replies

Hey there @Finsup574!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We understand your frustration and we have forwarded your feedback to the right team here. Spotify is testing new things in order to gather feedback on different features so that we could improve the app in the future, you can learn more about that here

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of this test but if you're not happy with the new experience we'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your support for the idea of a toggle between the versions.

We hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Student Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop - using Spotify Desktop version

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro

My Question or Issue

I have had the same issue where I cannot change the order of songs in the queue. I have cleared cache and done full reinstalls multiple times but the issue persists. On the web player and iPhone app I can freely move songs, but on desktop nothing happens.

Hey @harrisonhouck,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you post a screenshot of the part where you want to move the songs? We need to find out if it's in the "Next from" section (not possible) or the queue itself.

Have you tried using a different account or making sure you're logged in on the same account as the one used on the web player and the mobile app?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

SpotifyQueue.gif

 Here is a video from trying to move the songs in queue on the desktop version. The account is the same on mobile, web player, and desktop.

Hey @harrisonhouck

Thanks for sending us this info. 

Could you try logging out and then logging back in to your account twice in a row? This will trigger a sync between your account and device. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your device to see if the same happens with a different account?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hola same issue here but I’m on IPhone SE version 14.6

I am on an older version of the app according to the App Store after having followed your logout recommendations and uninstalling the app to no avail. Let me know what else to try

0188315B-9B8A-4572-8B74-593ED1B4E9F3.png

Hi there @goskateboarding,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

We understand you're not able to move tracks in your queue. I checked from my side, and everything seems to be working just fine. We understand you already reinstalled the app, but we recommend performing a clean reinstall with these steps. This is a more thorough process and it might help. 

If it doesn't, could you try logging in with a different account to check if the queue looks the same? It can be a relative or friend's account. 

Lastly, let us know the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts