Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't do anything

I can't do anything

I can't play music or see friend activity. the only music i can play is what is currently saved on my pc. On top of that I can't see artist i've followed, all my playlists are empty, and saved songs and albums are gone. It started when i downloaded a third party plugin that i soon realized didnt work properly so i uninstalled it and spotify as a whole stopped working. I can use the web version but chrome alone uses over a gig of memory so it'd be much better if i wasn't forced to use it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've cleared local files, ive done everything i could think of and havn' found a fix. I've had this problem for over a month now. Also I don't know if this is a bug or not but my username is B.Filmz but for some reason it randomly shows up as random numbers and letters. (picture shows what it looks like when i try and play a song.)

Capture.PNG
4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If that doesn't help could you try following the steps from this Spotify Answer?

Hope it helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Still doesn't work, thanks for trying

Hey @Bfilms,

Thanks for getting back to me ๐Ÿ™‚

Could you try that in another local user account?

Install Spotify there to see if the same thing happens there as well.

Keep me posted.

That's not a fix though id only be able to use it on that acc

Suggested posts