Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't go back to online mode

I can't go back to online mode

Plan

Premium (Family)

Operating System

Windows 10

Every time I open my desktop app (which I've reinstalled at least five times today), I can see a small, blue line that says I'm in offline mode, but then I check the actual "Offline Mode" in the corner and it's not checked.  I've already cleared up the cache, reinstalled, and followed instructions but the app is still in offline mode. I've already tried to actually go offline and back online, but nothing really happens. I don't have this problem on my phone.

5 Replies

Hey there @C0SMICLATTE,

Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've taken. Make sure you try the following as well:

1. Close the Spotify app.
  2. Click on the Start Icon.
  3. Write cmd to open the Command Prompt.
  4. The Windows Command Prompt will appear. Type in: ipconfig /flushdns and press ENTER.
  5. You should receive the following message: Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
  6. Open the Spotify application.

If you see no change after performing this, try connecting the PC to a different network to check if you observe the same. In case it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information.  

Let us know if that helped. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.  

I have the same problem.

This suggestion didn't work.

Hey @linuxmant,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

We appreciate the time you took following the previous process. First, we'd recommend making sure that the Offline mode option is toggle off in your  app settings.

If the issue persists, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

In case that the issue still persists after the clean reinstall, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of the device you're using, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is absurd. I keep toggling from offline - which I did NOT choose - but it will not stay online. There should be a DONE button to lock in the change. Spotify is playing on my laptop but I cannot listen on my Samsung phone. Quite maddening waste of time. Help, please!

Hey @StanSSSS,

Thanks for posting in this thread and welcome to the Community!

Just to check, have you tried the steps mentioned by @OscarDC earlier in the thread?

Does it happen each time you open the app on your Samsung device, or just on specific occasions? Would you mind letting us know the model & OS version you're running, should the issue persist?

Let us know how you get on.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts