Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Lenovo Ideapad 310

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't hear any of my music that I want to play, even though the bar and timer moves. It's like I'm on mute, even though I'm not. I tried to look through settings etc. but couldn't find anything that's wrong. I've tried to reboot my laptop and also reinstalled Spotify, but still with no luck. This "issue" has happened to me in the past, but it had usually lasted for couple of minutes, when now it hasn't worked in three days. All other devices work perfectly fine, and also the web client. However the desktop app isn't just working, which I've used the most.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @RJ2543

thanks for posting !

Please check the following :

- Cancel "Hardware Acceleration" on your desktop settings page

- Cancel "Playback" on your desktop settings page

- Make sure your system and audio drivers are updated

- Reinstall Spotify using this specific page

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @RJ2543

thanks for posting !

Please check the following :

- Cancel "Hardware Acceleration" on your desktop settings page

- Cancel "Playback" on your desktop settings page

- Make sure your system and audio drivers are updated

- Reinstall Spotify using this specific page

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I still seem to have no luck with the fixing, even though I've tried everything. I've also noticed that everything is fairly buggy with my desktop app. For example, changing profile picture isn't working. I tried deleting it, but now it won't let me put anything as a profile picture.

Nevermind, I managed to fix it on my own. I had the spotify app muted on my volume settings. I didn't know that was even a thing, but relieved to get it solved.

Suggested posts