Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Acer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So, my issue is that since a week more or less, every playlist appears empty (even the charts) and when a search a song it just doesn´t start. It seems like it is not connected to Spotify servers or something. I know it´s not a problem with my account because it works perfectly on my mobile phone. I´ve tried uninstalling and installing again the app in my computer, log out of my account and later log in again, but nothing.

I hope someone can help me with this!

I attach 2 photos.

This is the global chartThis is the global chart

This is a playlistThis is a playlist

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @inigomzg @kyunnn!

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Yea i got the same issue pls send help and maybe nudes 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey @inigomzg @kyunnn!

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. I hope this will get fixed on Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

thanks i will try it my bad for not looking a bit deeper in forum i found another post where you answered already 😄

Wow, it worked for me! 

Thank you so much!! 🙂

@Bianca14

You are welcome 🙂 You can mark the answer as solution so it will be helpful for other users as well. Have a nice day!

I've had the same issue for over a week now and I'd really like to get to be able to use spotify again 😞

I've:

-Reinstalled

-Deleted all program files

-Cleared Cache and recycle bin

-Tried creating a new account

Nothing has been working, and everything works on all other platforms.

Hello @erraticgameplay

Have you tried editing your host files?

yep @mantisentil
I've tried it and there was no lines with spotify in them...  Deleted the remaining lines.  I always see this:  http://prntscr.com/movuv5

If you have any idea what else to do pleeeeease let me know 🙂

Hey @erraticgameplay@inigomzg, @Bianca14 & @kyunnn, welcome to the Community.
Hope you're doing great!

This issue seems to be under investigation.

If you're experiencing any of the issues described in the thread please add your details and your votes there,

Have a great day! 🙂

It worked for me. Thanks!!

Thanks, it worked!

Suggested posts