Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't make my playlist public

Solved!

I can't make my playlist public

Hi!

I have a playlist that I can't make public, for some reason (?). All my playlists are otherwise public, but when I try to make this one the same I can't even make the choice "Make public" when I right click on it. The option is grey and not possible to click on, why? 
If it matters it's a collaborative playlist that I have shared with a couple of friends, but I want to make it more easy to get to by my friends.

I'm thankful for some help!
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You can't publicly publish collaborative playlists I'm afraid. But you can share it directly with your friends from the right click > Share option.

For more info on playlist privacy can be found here. 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Making your playlist public from your phone works very easily from the instructions from the prior post...It took 2 seconds!! Thx!!

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Marked as solution

You can't publicly publish collaborative playlists I'm afraid. But you can share it directly with your friends from the right click > Share option.

For more info on playlist privacy can be found here. 🙂

Peter

Why?

As there's no way to control what people can do to a collaborative playlist, it's a way to protect you and avoid people from trashing it completely.

Go to the Spotify App. From the side panel on the left, (right) cick on the playlist you wish to make public. Unselect 'Collaborative Playlist'. You can now make the playlist public. Your welcome!

I am having the same problem. i do not collaborative playlist checked on any of my playlist, yet i still can not make them public.... please help, my friends are listening to horrible music and need to hear my playlist...

Is this a playlist you made or your starred playlist?

Peter

if you click on the three little dots and press "collaborative playlist," so it isn't checked, it will let you make a playlist public

@Mammal wrote:

Hi!

I have a playlist that I can't make public, for some reason (?). All my playlists are otherwise public, but when I try to make this one the same I can't even make the choice "Make public" when I right click on it. The option is grey and not possible to click on, why? 
If it matters it's a collaborative playlist that I have shared with a couple of friends, but I want to make it more easy to get to by my friends.

I'm thankful for some help!
Thanks!

Hi, I just signed up for the premium service a couple days ago, and already I have what seems to be a problem for many on Spotify:

I am unable to make my playlists public. I right-click on the "make public" link, and nothing happens. Lists are not collaborative.

Nothing seems to be fixing the problem. Already tried reinstalling, logging out, then back in, and still nothing.

After sending a message to Spotify support about this, this morning I recieved an reply that is completely unrelated to my problem, which is very frustrating.

My case number is #: 02064932

It seems pretty ridiculous to be only 5days into a paid service, and already have problems, doesn't it?

If someone can please help o tell me how to fix this? 

Thanks

Hey @user-removed,

Just reply to that email and an employee will get back to you as soon as possible! 

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

i'll do that, thank you! 🙂

Did you ever get an answer for what to do to fix it?  I'm having the same problem.

Yes I did actually, I filled in the contact form (search spotify contact form on google if you cant find the link).

While the 1st reply was quick, it was a fix unrelated to the issue, so I just replied to the email sent, once again specifying the problem, and they took it from there. There was no actual fix for me to do on my end, they did all the fixing. It was done in like 2-4 days, and now it's fixed.

Okay, thanks 😃

Thank u very much ! All u say is true and helpfull! 👍

So I find it very interesting that I can make my playlist public via my iPhone app but I do not have the option to make it public on my desktop application. Has anyone else noticed this? 

If I could give 100 kudos, I would.
Marked as solution

Making your playlist public from your phone works very easily from the instructions from the prior post...It took 2 seconds!! Thx!!

Idk

Suggested posts