I can’t open spotify app on windows 10

Solved!

I can’t open spotify app on windows 10

NTHDM
Casual Listener

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can’t open spotify app, i tried uninstall and reinstall but it still doesn’t work . Sorry for my bad english.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Mario

Hey @NTHDM,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to double-check since you mentioned you already tried reinstalling the app to solve the issue, did you also try a 'clean' (as opposed to a 'simple') reinstall? 

Check this Spotify Answer to find out how that works for your Windows 10. It's more effective than simply reinstalling the app.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be keeping an eye on your reply! 

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Mario

Hey @NTHDM,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out about this issue here!

As you're trying to use your Spotify with a Windows 10, it'd be helpful to try the following steps and see if the issue gets fixed:

1.  Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator).
  2. Go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of 'Text Documents' next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0 - If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Keep us posted and let us know if it worked. We'll look out for your reply and be ready to help you further if needed 🙂

MarioModerator

NTHDM
Casual Listener
It still doesn't work
Solution!

Mario

Hey @NTHDM,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to double-check since you mentioned you already tried reinstalling the app to solve the issue, did you also try a 'clean' (as opposed to a 'simple') reinstall? 

Check this Spotify Answer to find out how that works for your Windows 10. It's more effective than simply reinstalling the app.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be keeping an eye on your reply! 

MarioModerator

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS