Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't play League of Legends while spotify open

I can't play League of Legends while spotify open

Is there any solution about it ? 

I can even leave uTorrent opened with 300kb download rate with no problem, but i can not play LOL i always have random pings. 

3 Replies

@xelamony wrote:

Is there any solution about it ? 

I can even leave uTorrent opened with 300kb download rate with no problem, but i can not play LOL i always have random pings. 

When you say 'random pings', do you mean lag spikes? I play LoL occasionally and I don't notice a difference between Spotify being open or closed.

Try this: before your next match, open up Spotify and create a playlist entirely of local files, and see if you experience lag on LoL during that playlist. This will help us determine if the bandwidth occupied by streaming is causing your issues with LoL. 

With random ping i mean, there isn't continuously but sometimes ping goes 1000 for 6 7 second then becomes normal. 

I don't have any local song on my computer, can i download them without premium ?

Spotify does use p2p currently on the desktop, which can cause some network irregularities.

Try playing Spotify from the web player when playing games instead (which doesn't use p2p):
play.spotify.com

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts