Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't play an album

I can't play an album

Plan

Premium

Country
Italy

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5 2016

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi guys. I've got a strange isse with a single album, called "Diamonds" by the band Enforcer. I simply cannot play any songs from that LP, if i click on one of this songs they starts for one-two seconds, then skips to another track of the same album and then Spotify gave me an error saying the album could not be played. This happens both with PC and my Android phone. I guess it's weird, because it happens with just that single album. Can somebody take a look at this? Thank you for your attention

16 Replies

Hi there @nighthawk989,

thanks for reaching out !

I would have to ask for some more indications on the issue your having :

- Have you tried playling the album on a different network/WiFi connection ?

- Does it happen with any other albums/tracks/podcasts ?

- Have you tried it across all of your devices ?

- Are any of your friends (same country) are able to play the album ?

Waiting on your update.

Thanks for your cooperation ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi there, thanks for your response. The problem happens with any device i've got. I can't for now have the opportunity to use a different provider, both for PC or my phone. I will try to ask some friends that have Spotify to try this album and to let me know. I tried everything, from reinstalling to use only WiFi or Internet, but with no results. I will try to ask some friends. Still weird because it happens with just one album. Thanks.

Same for me and for some of my friends. It seems to work just for someone. Weird!

So, what's the problem, support? It shouldn't take 3 weeks to check if an album is playable and send a message to the content providers to resubmit the broken album.

Do you guys still have this problem? 'Cause I've got the same one and the only reply I got from support is to search the community page... ๐Ÿ˜‚ Anyway, I've tried to reinstall the desktop app and it didn't help. I also tried playing this album on another device and different network and still no effect. If anyone has any clue on how to solve this I wolud be very grateful. Oh and yeah, this is the only album that I'm having trouble with.

Indeed, the problem is still not solved. My only guess is some conflict with local files, because I have the album on my hard drive. But disabling local files in the client didn't help.

The strange thing is that the album works flawlessly in the Spotify web player, but not in the desktop client.

For me is solved. I didn't do nothing, the trouble just disappeared. But it's absurd that someone still has this problem!

I got another reply from support: 

"Hi there,
Thanks for contacting us and letting us know.
Weโ€™ve checked it out and see what you mean, so weโ€™ve passed it on to the Content team for review. Hopefully theyโ€™ll have this sorted for you soon. Please be aware this could take several weeks to be reflected in the app. 
We greatly appreciate you getting in touch to help make Spotify better. 
If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to email us back.
All the best,
Anna"

So I guess we still play the waiting game, but there's hope ๐Ÿ˜›

Hey all,

Just wanted to jump in and let you know that the best way to report playback issues with a specific album or track is to follow the instructions outlined in this support article

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you need help with anything else.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Xenia Thanks, I tried this but the reply so far was just an automatic mail containing links to the support website, this forum and twitter.

I have recorded the error:

Hi @Alsweider,

Thanks for getting back to us and sharing the video!

If you've already reached out to support via email and got an automatic message, make sure to reply to that mail even if it's from no-reply. This will speed up the process and a support agent will get in touch with you shortly.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be right here if you need a hand with this ๐Ÿ™‚

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have received an e-mail by Anna's German brother Christian. Content is the same as in sleja87's mail. Additionally, I was not only congratulated for contacting the support, he even called me cool. Now I am very soothed and will continue to use MusicBee to listen to the album in .flac quality. There's no rush.

Well it's been over two months and I still can't play this album so I guess that support just dosen't **bleep**... It's just plain sad.

It's fixed for me now, they made it in under 1 year. Or maybe it was repaired by an update of my OS, I don't know. Try again if you can play it, guys

Suggested posts