Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't play any song with spotify on PC.

I can't play any song with spotify on PC.

Can't play any song on PC.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't play any song with spotify on my PC, but on phone I can.

I deleted the app from PC and logged out from everywhere and then I'm only logged in on PC but it's not solved the problem.

Please help!

4 Replies

Hey @MrGucci.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! We'll be glad to help you out 🙂

I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here and then restarting your PC? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Could you also provide us with your Spotify app version? You can find this in the three-dots menu (top-left corner) > Help > About Spotify.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need us 🙂

Hello!

I reinstalled it but I can't play songs again, it says: "spotify can't play this right now if you have the file on your computer you can import it". 

On the web browser it works and on phone too.

The app version is 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d.

Hey @MrGucci.

Thanks for getting back to us! 

Could you let us know if this is happening with every song that you are listening to, or just with certain songs? 

In the meantime, could you try enabling Hardware Acceleration in the desktop app? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

This may be an old thread, however I had the same problem and thought I would share my solution. 

As I'm sure you experienced, when trying to play any song in the Spotify PC app, it will skip trough a few songs trying to play them before saying "Spotify can't plat this song right now."

In my case the problem was caused by playback devices. 

Spotify couldn't play on the device that I had assigned it to (i.e. speakers, headset etc.)

I had unplugged the headset that I had set Spotify to play to, and until Spotify played audio, this couldn't be changed in windows settings because the sound settings will only display apps that are playing audio. 

In order to set Spotify to playback through the default device I had to go into the windows 10 sound setting and set all apps back to default. At which point it began working normally again. 

To do this:

1) Right click the volume indicator in the tray at the bottom right of the windows task bar and click "Open sound settings"

2) Once in sound settings scroll to the bottom and click on "App volume and device preferences"

This will take you to a settings menu where you can individually set the volume and playback devices associated with each running app.

3) At the bottom of this screen you will see "Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults."

Clicking this will set any apps back to the "Default device" and fixed my problem. 

Hope this helps someone out there. 

For additional info on getting to the Windows sound settings take a look here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/352787/how-to-set-per-app-sound-outputs-in-windows-10/

Suggested posts