Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't play music through Echo Dot (3rd G), even though I've linked my Spotify to my Alexa account

I can't play music through Echo Dot (3rd G), even though I've linked my Spotify to my Alexa account

Plan

Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

Dell Inspiron 7586

Operating System

Windows 10

It's complicated. I'm not sure how should I explain this. In order for me to play the music through Echo Dot, I need to enable it through Spotify browser. At the same time as well, my Spotify on browser doesn't seem to synchronize with the desktop app. I contacted customer service for an hour last night, they couldn't figure this out either. It's frustrating. I wish I could just use the desktop app and play music on my Echo Dot.

Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG
7 Replies

Hey there @Teong98

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening on your PC or on other devices as well?

On another note, we'd recommend trying again with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This is only happening in my PC. My phone, however, is fine and doesn't show any problem. I have also used different internet connection, and the issue still persists.

Hi @Teong98,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

First up, we'd recommend that you try logging out and then logging back in twice. We know this sounds odd, but it's how the app forces a cache refresh.

If the issue persists after that, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I have done everything that you mentioned. But the issue still persists. So far, none of the solutions actually worked for me.

Hi again @Teong98,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

Can you check your PC's firewall and antivirus and make sure that Spotify doesn't have any restrictions?

Additionally, try unlinking your Spotify and Alexa accounts > restart your router > restart your PC and Echo Dot > link your accounts again and make sure to set Spotify as the default music player. You'll find the steps to do so here.

Let us know how that goes.

CarlosEModerator

I'm pretty sure that my firewall and antivirus software are not restricting my Spotify. I'm NOT gonna unlink my Spotify and Alexa accounts AGAIN. NO WAY. I did that with support team the few days ago already. You guys are just being incompetent.

Hey @Teong98,

Thanks for your reply.

To avoid repeating anything, let us know what you already tried when contacted our Support team.

This is quite an odd issue and we haven't seen any similar reports, so we're suggesting these troubleshooting steps to try and narrow down what might be causing this and be able to help you out.

To be able to determine if this is related to the PC or the connection, could you try using a different connection if possible, like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot from your phone? It would also help us if you tried using a different computer to check if the behavior is the same.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts