Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't stop Spotify

I can't stop Spotify

When I click pause inside of Spotify it only lasts for twenty seconds, then it un-pauses. Every. Time. It won't stop playing music.

Plan

Duo

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 (Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363)

Spotify Version 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1 (Microsoft Store version)

2 Replies

Hey there @thetinynova

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

As a first step you can try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your PC. This will make sure you get the latest app version with all necessary updates. 

If this persists after the clean reinstall, check your hosts file for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Hey Ivan, thanks for responding. This has taken me an inordinately long time to figure out but I have.

I've narrowed it down to being an Amazon Echo issue. My setup is a desktop PC with Spotify connected to an Echo Dot for stereo output. I typically use earbuds but like to have the Echo attached as well. 

If the Echo is paired and connected to my desktop it "takes control" of media output. If I pause Spotify with my mouse, fifteen seconds later Spotify starts playing again.

Where I discovered it wasn't a Spotify issue was when I was using Youtube. I had my Echo Dot connected and playing audio from the desktop and I clicked pause on a video. Fifteen seconds later the video started again, just like in Spotify.

So I tested a few things and found that if I say, "Alexa, pause" my Spotify (or Youtube) will pause playing just fine. But if I click pause in Spotify of Youtube (when the Echo is connected) then I'm subjected to the fifteen second unpause issue.

Suggested posts