Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cannot hide or unhide songs. (The icon doesn't even appear)

I cannot hide or unhide songs. (The icon doesn't even appear)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I cannot hide or unhide any songs. The icon doesn't even appear. I accidentally hid a song I liked and I cannot find out to unhide it. I went into display options and checked "Show unavailable songs in a playlist" but I still cannot unhide it.

16 Replies

HELP PLEASE

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Can you show me your issues with a screenshot? I will appreciate it, and I will look into it as soon as I can. Thanks.

The hide symbol used to appear but it doesn't anymore. I can't find any option to unhide songs.

b7e617b34c9a6edcb07d19f085220fdf.png

Hello?

I'm sorry, I am currently working on it and seeing what is the best possible way and/or solution to finding your problem. Thanks for your patience. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Best i can tell, spotify haven't added this functionality to the windows application.  I can only see the hide song buttons from android... extremely frustrating.

Thank you.

I have an android as well but I still can't see the hide option 😕

Do you have premium? I know that even on android, it's limited to premium users only. 

For me it's hidden under the 3 drop menu, right under "add to playlist".  it's not on my main screen, opposite the heart icon like it is on daily mixes.

Hey there @Theologiae,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. Don't worry we're here to help 🙂 

Keep in mind that the option to HideUndo hidden songs is currently only available on mobile devices. If you'd like it to be introduced also for the desktop version of the app, you can post an idea here. That's how you'll receive the latest updates on the matter as soon as there are any.

To learn how to make hidden songs visible again just visit this page. This should make them appear again in all playlists. If any of the buttons for the HideUndo hidden songs are missing, we suggest you do a clean reinstall of the app. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just uninstalled Spotify on my Samsung completely. I reinstalled it and I still cannot hide or unhide songs.

Yeah I have premium. I still can't see it but I'm trying to uninstall and reinstall it rn.

I did what THIS said and it still didn't work.

Can you screenshot the 3 dot menu?

On the first page of this thread the picture I sent is a picture of the three dot menu.

I see a picture of the 3 dot menu from either a windows desktop app, or from open.spotify.com. I was wondering if you could send a screenshot from your android phone.

Perhaps i am misunderstanding. You said above "I just uninstalled Spotify on my Samsung completely" if you mean a samsung device running windows, that is the issue. hiding a song isn't currently available on windows devices.

But if you mean a samsung android phone, yes it should work. If you can get us a screen shot from that device.

Suggested posts