Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cant connect Spotify to my iPhone, Bluetooth, or Discord, and wont launch

I cant connect Spotify to my iPhone, Bluetooth, or Discord, and wont launch

I have been having this issue for MONTHS now, and went through multiple supports. This is pretty much my last throw in the towel. I have done deleted my cache, un/reinstalled, and done everything that support brought me through.
My Windows version of Spotify is just plain broken. My iPhone and Web Browser of Spotify work but my Windows version will not recognize any applications. It wont link through Discord, meaning it cannot see what songs I am listening to OR I cant listen along with my friends. I cannot play songs from my computer to my phone and vice versa, unless its the browser version. I seem locked out of it in a way, alongside now songs from albums or artists page wont launch unless they are added to my own playlists.
Any song
3 Replies

Hi there @WormyDragon,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you can't use your Desktop app at all.

Can you let us know if you're using any type of VPN or private tunnel or if your using a school PC/ network? 

Certain network or system admin restrictions can cause the Desktop app to malfunction like this.

Looking forward to your reply. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No I am not using a VPN. 

Hey @WormyDragon,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please let us know what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far so we can avoid repeating any suggestions? Also, please make sure your app's updated to 1.1.94.874 or higher.

Keep is posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts