Premium

Country

Australia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

I cant put a photo on my spotify playlist, seems to be no solution online.

Hey guys, I've been trying to add a photo of my spotify playlist but it doesn't seem to work at all, when i go put an image on, it always says the image should be 300x300. I've reinstalled and still the same thing pops up. I've resized the photos, looked for other sized photos, looked for 300x300 photo exactly and it still doesnt work. All my photos have been JPG as well. I've researched online and people have the same problem but there seems to be no solution at all, and these problems were posted at least two years. There doesn't seem to be a fix unless I use a different computer which i cbf. pls help me out.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @watermaloney,

I know the frustration of trying to upload an image for a playlist. I often ran into the problem of the photo size and scratching my head when the dimensions met the requirements and would not be uploaded. My own solution to it was to just try a number of similar or different photos until the photo was uploaded. Now there is one JPG photo I used which has the dimension 3000 x 2000 (example attached) and the upload was successful so maybe you could try a photo like that?

Hope I've been of some assistance!

A

View solution in original post

yola-ayntk.jpg
10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @watermaloney,

I know the frustration of trying to upload an image for a playlist. I often ran into the problem of the photo size and scratching my head when the dimensions met the requirements and would not be uploaded. My own solution to it was to just try a number of similar or different photos until the photo was uploaded. Now there is one JPG photo I used which has the dimension 3000 x 2000 (example attached) and the upload was successful so maybe you could try a photo like that?

Hope I've been of some assistance!

A

yola-ayntk.jpg

I also have this struggle and I'm even trying images that are like 2 hundred and something and 3 hundred and blah and it still doesn't work. I would love to know what's happening and thank you.

Hey there @vvyx_is_here

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, are you following these specific steps to add the cover image? If so and it still doesn't work, we suggest that you try again from a different device. 

If that doesn't do the trick either, could you send us a photo of the error message you're getting? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you for notifying me, but on the laptop I have I cant take screenshots. It was a red bar at the top of the little box when you click on the image, and it reads; "Image too small. Images must be at least 300x300." Even when I pick images above 300x300, I do read the sizes of the images, it just doesn't allow them. Would you know what's happening?

Hi there @vvyx_is_here,

Could you converting the photos to a different file format / color space encoding to see if that does the trick?

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, 

Sorry to say, I don't know how to do any of these, Here's the image I want, Is there any way of converting it to 300x300/ 3000x3000? I am really glad of your determination to help me; Thank you! By the way, the image is 500x501,

Thank you so much again!

No worries @vvyx_is_here! Just to double-check, are you trying to use this exact file (stars.pdf) as a cover for your playlist? If so, note that .pdf files aren't really image files, but you can use Windows' Snipping tool to make a copy of the photo and instead save it as a separate file in .jpg or a .png format, which you can then use as a cover for your playlist.

Here's a detailed guide on how to use the Snipping tool.

As for changing the image's width and height, I'm sure there are online tools that can do this, so don't hesitate to have a look, if needed.

Hope this helps!

YordanModerator

Hey! 

I already have a jpg of the image! I just used a website to convert it to a .pdf file so I could show you guys it. 

Any updates would be appreciated(and your assistance is appreciated heh)!

Now what to do?

Thanks for confirming @vvyx_is_here. In that case I'd recommend using the same tool to convert the photo to a different file format. You can also try re-scaling the photo.

If you haven't already, try the Snipping tool as well - you can create a screenshot of your photo as a new file and use it as a playlist cover instead to see if that does the trick.

It's also worth trying to upload the photo from another device or the Web Player, like @Eni suggested.

Cheers!

YordanModerator

Thank you thank you thank you!!! It worked! I am really happy and greatly appreciate your hard work!! 

c:

Suggested posts