Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have NO songs in my listening history!

I have NO songs in my listening history!

I have NO songs in my listening history. How do I find what I've been listening to? there is nothing in the Play Queue/History window. I've tried everything to refresh it, even uninstalling/reinstalling Spotify Desktop. Spotify must have petabytes of user listening data - why can't I see my own?!!

Plan

Premium

Country

NZ

Device

putey

Operating System

Windows 10

11 Replies

To clarify: Play Queue>Queue works. 

Play Queue>History is completely blank.

Where is all my history? I want to find some songs I have been listening to on Discover. This is seriously broken. 

I find it totally bizarre that I am the only one of 70 million people using Spotify Premium who has this problem. Should I buy a lottery ticket? 

You're not the only one, mate. Same problem here. Very frustrating. 

Spotify version 1.0.87.491.ge2a121fc

Mac - macOS 10.13.6 (latest public build)

It's been like this for a couple of months. And it sucks.

Same here, no history in that "History" tab.  So frustrating.

Hey @lambliesdown,

Thanks fo reaching out on the Community. We're here to help 🙂

Is this happening to you on the desktop version of Spotify?

@fresh-ear annd @kaliko - would you mind providing screenshots of your listening history?

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

P

I only listen to spotify via iPhone app, but when I go to my history in
desktop, there are no songs.

Surely it's not the case that only music played from the desktop will
appear in the history...

If that's the case, where do I see my history from what I listened to via
the app?

- Page

Hey @lambliesdown,

This can happen if:

• You use Spotify with Offline mode on your phone.
  • You log in to another account on the computer.

Make sure that you turn off Offline mode from the app settings, and check that you're logging in on the same account. For this, log out from both devices and log back in with the same details, making sure you see the same playlists on both devices. 

Keep in mind that the order of the recently played music might differ slightly  between the devices.

Also, if you play something from a playlist, you'll see that playlist cover instead of the actual album of the song. 

Hope that helps 🙂

Thanks Peter for your response, this is happening in Spotify Desktop, because mobile apps have no way of viewing History. As I said, the History tab under Play Queue is empty saying "you have no songs in history". It should be showing the last 50 songs played. As I said, I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Clearly broken. 

Hello Jemi, I am talking about the "History" tab, under "Play Queue". Which should show the last 50 songs played but it's empty.

Not "Recently Played" which only shows playlist titles.

Hey @fresh-ear.

Sorry for only just getting back to you! 

Would you mind trying a simple clean reinstall? Make sure to follow the steps provided in the link.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be here if you need any more help 🙂

Thank you for your suggestion Peter. However, as I stated in the original post, I have already done this, more than once, and it has not fixed the problem.

Suggested posts