I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!

Re: I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

JakeJakoubek

The effin' app dopesn't even let me log out! WTF? I pay money for this?

derejam
Regular

Yes Jake....just tried mine and same problem. 

So managed to sort it as follows...... enterred Andy Williams in the top menu to be told I'm offline. 

So wenst into Spotify preferences, scrolled to bottom to make sure 'open automatically' is selected , then down at bottom tick 'allow spotify to be started from web'

Then in next section above change from 'auto detect' to 'HTTPS' or vice versa .This succeeded . However last time I tried this method I had to switch between these options a few times to get it to work. Seems you have to jerk Spotify into submission. 

Also agree, logging out can be a pain.

Hope this helps 

Regards 

D. 

mikelent54
I tried logging off and back on and it did not solve the problem. I received a meaningless to me message about DNS. What is the answer? Anyone?

Razorsharp1

Spotify is only available in certain countries. If you are using proxy settings then this could be the problem because it will say you are offline if you are trying to log in from an IP address in a prohibited country. 

ebony

I'm having the same problem...

For awhile now, I've been offline. I've tried changing it to HTTPS and back, logging out/in, checking the on/offline mode, but it none of it ever works.

The message at the top says error:4 but I have no idea what it means, so I don't know what to do about it.

Please help!

Thanks

bthreadg

Wow, three years of this problem being reported and no solution??  btw, going to settings does nothing - that company suggested hack should have been removed faster than Google Glass (also 3 years ago).

I just signed up for 3 mos free . . lol!

Highlighted

niki31

I had this issue, I uninstalled the program completly. Fixed everthing. Do not just exit the program, you have to unistall and re download spotify. hope this helps

sirand
Casual Listener

Hello!

Model: Sony Xperia Compact Z1

Spotify Premium

I have the same problem. The app first started to tell me that I was offline when I clearly was not. I tried to re-install the app and with the new, updated Spotify I couldn't even log in. My screen just went black with three white lines up in the left corner.

I contacted Spotify support. They told me to clean cache and all data, re-install the app again. That worked! But only for a while.. Maybe one or two days after the app starting to tell me that I'm in offline mode when I'm not. 

I'm considering to do the same all over again (clean cache and all data, re-install) but the last time I did it I had to download all my albums all over again. Kinda bummer.

So, does anyone have another solution or should I do the same thing again?? 

JayMike

I am connected to the internet and everything works on my MAC/Iphone BUT Spotify.  I can't browse.  I can't search.  I can't listen to the radio!  What am I paying for???

Please get this fixed.   This is a big problem.

sirand
Casual Listener

Have you tried what I did?

Try clean all data and cache in your spotify app or your phone. And the re-install the app. 

It worked well for me as I earlier wrote but it just didn't last. Maybe it wil work differently for you. 

SUGGESTED POSTS