Board Split
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!

Re: I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Concert Regular
‎2017-10-20 02:59 PM

I appreciate your comment, "streats", and saddened that someone felt the need to correct your spelling.  It speaks volumes about the lack of Language Arts education here in the USA and the awareness of variations in the English language.  We come here for technical advice and help, not for English lessons and criticism.  Variations of all languages are common for a plethora of reasons such as cultural, geographical and historical influences, to name a few. Kindness and respect should be afforded to all, particularly to those who are not writing or speaking in their native tongue and those generally brilliant souls with Dyslexia or other processing issues who may have difficulty spelling and writing.  

Music Fan
‎2017-10-23 01:31 PM

WHY THE FUYCK DO I PAY $10 A MOTHER**bleep**ING MONTH FOR THIS **bleep** NOT TO WORK????????

My Subscription does not work and I want to cancel

Music Fan
‎2017-10-26 05:46 AM

I have been paying premium Spotify for month and literally for the last 4 months it doesn’t work it always say I’m offline, and you charge me every Month, either I want you to cancel it or fix it. Can you please help me?

Music Fan
‎2017-10-27 03:20 PM

And how do you propose logging out if I can't log in to begin with? And why am I experiencing this if, a) I haven't changed my Facebook password, and b) not ever using Facebook to login into Spotify in the first place!

Highlighted

Concert VIP
‎2017-10-30 09:51 AM
Go to the spotify website.

Music Fan
3 weeks ago

The same thing happened  to me too need the help to connect  it so I can listen  to my music.

Edited
Music Lover
2 weeks ago

I have had somehow the same problem for about a month and a half. Whenever i was on Wifi, Spotify worked, but when i was on 4G/3G whatever, it didn't.

Deleting app data/re-installing the app made it work, but only temporarily.

However, these two steps helped me:

1) If you set the music quality to "extreme", lower it to "normal" or "automatic" - your phone might block the application from the internet due to the sudden high data usage.

2) Go into your phones (3G/4G) internet usage settings, and find the Spotify app. In my phone "deactivate data" was automatically checked in the settings for Spotify. Of course, uncheck this. (my phone is a OnePlus 2)

Hope it helps.

2 people liked this

Internet Hit
2 weeks ago

This solution proposed here does not solve the issue for me. The Spotify desktop app (version 1.0.68.407.g6864aaaf) on my Macbook states it's offline at the same moment I am submitting this comment throught the Spotify Community website, so obviously I have internet. Some more details:

1. I use a proxy while on my corporate network. Spotify sometimes has issues when I switch from corporate to home wifi.
  2. I've tried turning off the proxy settings.
  3. The app is not set to Offline Mode.
  4. It is not because of a Facebook password change.
  5. I have restarted the app
  6. I have reset my wifi connection
  7. I have restarted my machine
  8. I do not have this issue on my other Macbook, which is connected to Spotify as I type this

I can already guess what Spotify's official solution will be here (if they reply): reinstall the app. Why is that always their solution to their bugs? How about smashing the critical bugs, Spotify?

Music Lover
2 weeks ago

I have the same problem! It's annoying that they don't offer telephone service aswell!
It stings to pay for Spotify when it's this rubbish at times!

1 person liked this

Music Fan
2 weeks ago

I have the same problem exactly. Have you found any solution for that?