I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!
Highlighted
1 person liked this

Re: I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

sorelle
Casual Listener

I can't believe this is still an issue! I have this problem now. It just suddenly went offline for no actual reason. I believe it's because of the latest update. I has to be a bug, come on.

At first it was my playlist with that 'you're offline bar above', I logged off as I thought it might have helped and now I can't even log in. It just stays there on the main screen with nothing happening at all. I thought that my password was incorrect or something, checked it three times, got logged in browser version of the player with the same username and password I'm entering the app with and it works, so everything is correct, but still I can't log in the app. I tried literally everything from those solutions above, none works for me.

Is anyone even working on solving this thing? Its not only me at this war here.

1 person liked this

Kellybbbbb
Casual Listener

Same exact issue! I have never connected to FB so it can't be a FB log in issue. I have unlimited data and I have Wi-Fi available. Neither option  is working. I have deleted the app, deleted caches, restarted my phone, added the app back. Tried changing password and then went through that all again. Still doesn't work. This is so frustrating and the solutions posted don't work. It's a bit ridiculous that this is an issue for so many people.

2 people liked this

Kellybbbbb
Casual Listener

Funny as I have now.tried to respond 3xs and my responses keep getting deleted. I'm ready to quit spotify and just go with Pandora. Tried every offline resolution out there I could find...which incidentally isn't even on this site. Where's the customer service or FAQ response since this is an issue for so many people .Ridiculous. 

Aon_Duine
Casual Listener

Same problem here . Every time I open Spotify it says I m offline and I have to wait several minutes until it connects. Serious problem please find a solution.

megthoma101

I am experiencing this same issue.  I have not updated my facebook login recently, but tried logging out of Spotify and logging back in with my facebook information anyway; it did not work--Spotify continues to say I am offline.  Another thread said to clear my cache, but I do not see a way to do that on the Desktop app for Windows.  Please advise. 

John_Mathis
Roadie

No-one here know how to clear the cache on Spotify?...

http://www.dummies.com/social-media/spotify/the-spotify-cache/

Sorry; but you give no information on your operating system, nor anything. Nobody that told you to do this should have came with instructions.

John_Mathis
Roadie

Sending this email as a test. I hear that reinstalling the Spotify app is just a temporary fix. Reinstalling windows too, repairs the problem for some reason I read here. But the problem not spoken of is messing around with settings.

Think of the computer O/S as a gold watch. Then think more than once before YOU try to repair or tweak it. You can't I bet.

Honestly: it is something you did to it that makes it, Spotify, not work. Probably setting up a proxy or making some improvement someone thought to share with you of how to take a $499.00 laptop into a nything more than he is. Cheap $499 Laptop.

Start a regular/paid for account and install it on a fresh install Windows 10.
Then leave it alone. Don't even have a Facebook account on that username.

And: Many people remove the security by “coding” on the Windows operating system, removing the DEP. Leave that thing alone Soon enough, mistakes, expensive ones, start.
   Starting a new account makes it more secure. They call that “Vanilla”

The tweaked ones they call that toast or bricked or, Windoze and fill chatrooms with complaints. I have heard many people who just get called troll wanting to call this trolling. If so the biggest fish ever seen has stolen the bait of off more hooks and J Iscariot never saw one this big.
Email me if you disagree

John_Mathis
Roadie

You aren''t dying kiddo

John_Mathis
Roadie

Found it. I have paid the 10 bucks and I have a JOIN PREMIUM button on my front page. I did that and the spotify settings doesn't even show that I am a paid member.

boten_aina
Casual Listener

What can I do? I have cleared chaches, I have reinstalled spotify I don't know how many times now, and now I can't even log on. I am still logged on online, I am on my phone. This does not help me for the desktop application, as this is the only one with a decent UI for editing playlists. I have paid for spotify for almost ten years, perhaps something can be done soon?

SUGGESTED POSTS