I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!

Re: I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

‎2018-03-19 03:06 AM

u said that i had spotify in offline mode but it is not it is unchecked and still says offline

Highlighted

Casual Listener
‎2018-03-21 12:13 AM

There are many threads like this one, and all end up the same way: no clue.

Why is my spotify desktop client claiming I am offline, while I am fully online?

It might be a facebook password issue for someone: not me.

It might be solved with a clean reinstall: not for me.

I am on a mac, couldn't even reach your website -> i get this on Safari:

404 Not Found 198.55.99.48 - no redirects at this IP

I had to download the desktop app from the phone and then move it to the mac to reinstall. I guess it may be some problems with hosts file or anyway something dealing with routing settings? Have you checked there yet? 

My premium account works perfectly on the (android) phone, and this is the only reason I am not cutting the subscriptions. But it is really UNBELIEVABLE that this issue has been around since YEARS and you did not care about it enough yet, to have it fixed.

2 people liked this

Casual Listener
‎2018-03-24 03:47 AM

For Android Users Having Issues:

***FOUND A WORKING SOLUTION/APP***

All I did was download an older version of Spotify from a trusted source called XDA Developers. They have a 'Stable' and 'Beta' version, I am using the 'Beta' version. In order to install the app, you need to allow installing from "unknown sources." Go to Settings > Security > 'Unknown Sources' > Allow/etc. If you have trouble, please go here. <--

Unfortunately, you have to create an account to download from XDA since it is a community. This only takes a few minutes. Here is the link ----------> https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.spotify.music

I now can search for music and listen to radio stations again. Hope this helps you as well!!

-Copied from my original post at: https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyaccountrelated/thread-id...

Regular
a month ago

Either the spotify servers are broken or your internet service providers DNS is not working properly.  It is not your fault and you cannot fix it. Skip all this other nonsense...

Regular
a month ago

Either the spotify servers are broken or your internet service providers DNS is not working properly.  It is not your fault and you cannot fix it. Skip all this other nonsense...

a month ago

Correction: Equaliser is the correct spelling for English language. It's only correct to use the z in USA.

1 person liked this

a month ago

I believe this is just the previous version is still working fine! After updating to a new version the problem will occur again

Casual Listener
3 weeks ago

I dont have mine through facebook I have tried this and taking the app off my cell and putting it back on and still does not work

Edited
3 weeks ago

I also have this issue. I have an unlimited data plan (not the US "unlimited" but really unlimited) so I'm nearly always on 4G and it doesn't matter how much I use. Since I have all of my music already downloaded this wasnt really an issue for me but I tried to search for a new album today and it gave me the same "no offline results" message. It's really annoying and I already tried to force stop, clear cache and clear data and restarting my phone but it all didn't work. Can someone help me🙏

Edit: It's also not linked to Facebook so that isn't the problem either and I do have the download over mobile option turned on

1 person liked this

Casual Listener
3 weeks ago
Only way I could fix this was uninstall the app and install. Any existing playlist remain however you will have to select download for list you previously wanted to download. 
SUGGESTED POSTS