I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

FaithG
Casual Listener

I'v tried ALL the solutions, Logging off or uninstalling only TEMPORARILY fixes it. I'm really suspicious as this happened on my old andriod phone after it was a year old but when I got a shiny new phone magically no problem... until the phone was a year old!!! I'm begining to suspect it's a built in bug.

I'm furious as I pay every month for this, having to turn my phone off and on again or log off and on again every time I want to search a song is ridiculous in the extreme.

If it is faebook that is the problem as some people suggest is there a way of unlinking your accounts without losing everything?

1 person liked this

Swordy79
Gig Goer
I know how frustrated u feel!its not a facebook issue as i dont have a
facebook acc&never have,i think its a spotify issue
1 person liked this

dan789
Casual Listener
I don't use FB so it is not even installed but I had this issue with Spotify.
3 people liked this

user-removed
Not applicable

This is not the issue. My Spotify account is not linkes to my Facebook account. This Spotify Offline issue occurs for me several times a day. I can get around it sometimes by closing Spotify ams re-opening again, or sometimes by completely rebooting the phone.

I have been monitoring these boards for a while and i've yet to see Spotify take responsibility for this, let alone actually fix it. This is unnacceptable. I've been holding ff switching in the hope it will be fixed, but this is not looking likely, so i'm trying all the competitors to see which one suits me best.

Very poor Spotify.

2 people liked this

user-removed
Not applicable

The problem is, this happens at home, at work and when i'm on 4G. The network is not the issue, Spotify is.

3 people liked this

user-removed
Not applicable

Why is this marked as solved? it is anything but

Highlighted

FaithG
Casual Listener
Thanks! That saves me canceling my account and reopening it without
Facebook.
1 person liked this

PierPx

On Android I have one solution which works most of the time. Whenever I get the "you are offline" message, I press the Android recent apps (square) button, and "kill" the app by clicking on the small x mark. After starting the app again (you can see it's really restarted from the longer startup and the initial home screen), it usually works. Sometimes I have to do this once or twice again, but then it works.

Just for the records: I don't have FB or anything like that, and never had this issue with the desktop (Linux) app.

2 people liked this

azpunky
Music Fan

Spotify does not appear to be able to hold a session - constantly going on- and off-line, _while I am streaming music_ (so obviously I am ONLINE). Music sounds fine, but the artist pages, etc. unavailable.

Reading this thread, which dates back to 2012 - this is a bug.

Why has Spotify never fixed it ???? I'm seriously rethinking my premium membership.

2 people liked this

user-removed
Not applicable

After trying and trying, following all the recommended steps, eventually having them delete my account and set up a new one, the issue returned - and their response was pathetic. There is no recognition that there is a major issue. I got a weak generic response so I have cancelled and will go elsewhere. If Apple had this issue it would be fixed within days, the incompetence is staggering. I really loved Spotify, and really did not want to leave or migrate my family to a new service but I cannot abide this unprofessionalism any longer.

I would strongly recommend anyone that has also been suffering from this issue for a long time, to leave and cancel your subscription. If we all vote with our feet then perhaps they will eventually take the issue seriously.

SUGGESTED POSTS