I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!

I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

AnnaT14

I was just listening to my regular playlist and then I tried to discontect Facebook. Suddenly, Spotify changed into Offline-mode. Do I need to change back or something? Why does it say "Offline" when I have full internet connection???? I've tried to shut it down and open again but it doesn't work. HELP PLEASE, I'M DYING HERE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hi all,

First please check @SpotifyStatus and/ or the Ongoing Issues board to make sure there isn't a larger issue.

Next, if it's a connection issue, you may see one or more of the following: 

• All tracks grayed out.
  • Nothing happening when you press play, or try to use any features.
  • Error messages saying Spotify is offline or No internet connection detected.

These steps should get you back up and running: 

• Turn your WiFi off. Wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your router.
  • If you’re using a data connection, check you have enough data allowance (although we recommend using WiFi if possible).
  • Make sure Spotify isn’t in offline mode (in the app’s Settings, under Playback).
  • Check your firewall (if you use one) has Spotify set as an exception.
  • Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. You can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information.
  • If possible, try it with a different WiFi network. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

View solution in original post

609 Replies

sscott0712
Worked great! Enjoying music again.

ÅsaBjörnsdotter
Didn't work at all. Can't even play on line any more

l1c3
It ask to upgrade to premium?

user-removed
Not applicable

it doesnt work i already pressed the offline mode button

ivanlunachi

Same problem. Te "switch offline" way doesnt work for me.  Every time i restart spotify apear  that i have no conection to internet.

Help!!!!

dianajpires
Casual Listener

evgenia_ru
Casual Listener

I had the same problem and found a solution on some other site. It suggested to check the firewall settings making sure there is a tick next to the "spotify" line. Opening the firewall setting I saw two lines with "spotify", one of them checked, the other indeed was not. After I ticked the second one Spotify found the connection and is now working alright.

Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hi all,

First please check @SpotifyStatus and/ or the Ongoing Issues board to make sure there isn't a larger issue.

Next, if it's a connection issue, you may see one or more of the following: 

• All tracks grayed out.
  • Nothing happening when you press play, or try to use any features.
  • Error messages saying Spotify is offline or No internet connection detected.

These steps should get you back up and running: 

• Turn your WiFi off. Wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your router.
  • If you’re using a data connection, check you have enough data allowance (although we recommend using WiFi if possible).
  • Make sure Spotify isn’t in offline mode (in the app’s Settings, under Playback).
  • Check your firewall (if you use one) has Spotify set as an exception.
  • Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. You can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information.
  • If possible, try it with a different WiFi network. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

View solution in original post

TERMINATOR2
Visitor

I turned off my wifi for a minuite and tried it agin and it's still saying that im offline when i'm on full wifi

2019-09-01.png

donbergaaas
Composer

change your DNS 

DNS server 1 :   8.8.8.8

DNS  server 2 :   8.8.4.4

those are google servers, when your free trial of norton is up it leaves their dns servers on and you wont be able to search or browse either

donbergaaas
Composer

you have have no signal ?? check your wifi antenna range bottom right hand 

@TERMINATOR2 wrote:

I turned off my wifi for a minuite and tried it agin and it's still saying that im offline when i'm on full wifi

corner ??

danm6
Visitor

This worked for me (old ipad1).

First, turned OFF 'Ask to Join Networks' in Main Settings/wifi

1. Deleted and redownloaded app but didnt open , just left it sitting

2. Main settings/general/reset network

3. Soft reset of ipad using home/power buttons

Without connecting to wifi in Main Settings, this appears to be important......

4. Go straight to Spotify icon, click,  a wifi window appears while the main spotify window is open

5. Select and connect to your network within this window

ALL good, after 2 days of pain.

realxcreator

Go to your hosts folder in Windows/System32 and make sure you don’t have any Spotify hosts blocked. This is the culprit here. Other fix, is logging in by Facebook. If that does not work, then 100% hosts file with a blocked Spotify host

anchenodai
Music Fan

lasta beta version don't fix anything... same problem in the rest of Europe. we are not the only ones complaining. Incredible as spotify in recent months has not yet managed to solve the problem. ..

Drashier
Casual Listener

My spotify says it's offline on both data and wifi even with a 100mbps wifi and/or full 4g+ if i restart spotify on android 9, Oneplus 6T on latest software update

Mbrady5

Spotify is the only app that I can't access online on my mobile device.  I have cell service AND full WIFI connection, but spotify still says it has no internet connectivity.  This is causing me to look at other apps ASAP.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Yyus

Screenshot_2019-04-20-15-28-25.png

Screenshot_2019-04-20-15-28-34.png

OtisBFilthy
Casual Listener

I have always had this same problem as well.  Everything works fine one moment and the next it tells me I'm offline   It happens with WiFi and with cell data.  This isn't a provider problem, or a WiFi problem, or a firewall problem... This is a Spotify problem.  When all other services using internet work just fine and only 1 thing can seem to figure out you have an internet connection the answer is obvious,  that 1 thing has a problem... It this case that 1 thing is Spotify.   The app has numerous issues and none of them have been made better in the years I've been using the service.  Literally the only thing keeping me around is the daunting task of rebuilding my playlists elsewhere but I'm starting to reach that point. 

azpunky
Music Fan
Thanks for the detailed reply, but the issue is not one of connectivity. As
I said, Spotify is able to stream music but interactive features like
artist pages often do not work.

I work in software development. I _think_ Spotify has problems maintaining
session. I have experienced the problem on both PC and android.

user-removed
Not applicable

The problem is, this happens at home, at work and when i'm on 4G. The network is not the issue, Spotify is.

stinkyblu2

SUGGESTED POSTS