I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Bilbreyjon
Casual Listener
People keep saying this but it didn't matter. I would turn it off on my
wife's iphone and it would still say "you need to go back online in xx
days" again, it's the spotify app in the iPhone settings. Make sure you
have cellular data turned on.

Swordy79
Roadie
Thanks mate but been thru that one many times to with no joy

azpunky
Music Fan
What I'm reporting is not as-designed functionality. As I stated, on my PC
I can be streaming music (so not offline), but cannot look at artist
pages...
Highlighted
Solution! 1 person liked this

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

First please check @SpotifyStatus and/ or the Ongoing Issues board to make sure there isn't a larger issue.

Next, if it's a connection issue, you may see one or more of the following: 

• All tracks grayed out.
  • Nothing happening when you press play, or try to use any features.
  • Error messages saying Spotify is offline or No internet connection detected.

These steps should get you back up and running: 

• Turn your WiFi off. Wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your router.
  • If you’re using a data connection, check you have enough data allowance (although we recommend using WiFi if possible).
  • Make sure Spotify isn’t in offline mode (in the app’s Settings, under Playback).
  • Check your firewall (if you use one) has Spotify set as an exception.
  • Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. You can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information.
  • If possible, try it with a different WiFi network. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.
3 people liked this

azpunky
Music Fan
Thanks for the detailed reply, but the issue is not one of connectivity. As
I said, Spotify is able to stream music but interactive features like
artist pages often do not work.

I work in software development. I _think_ Spotify has problems maintaining
session. I have experienced the problem on both PC and android.
8 people liked this

azpunky
Music Fan

People please stop suggesting "solutions" that boil down to "how to use the app". There is a problem with Spotify - it happens on various networks, PC and android and iPhone.. 

As you can see, this problem dates back to at least 2012.

Brooksreed13568

No matter what platform you use whether it be Apple Music or Spotify, you’re going to run into issue. What I try to do is isolate the issue and use the forums to solve the dilemma. In your case it could be a matter of just uninstalling the application and re-downloading it.

Re: I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline

cozmint
Regular
Thanks that’s why I’m here. Uninstalled and deleted cache file and
reinstalled. Didn’t solve the issue.
11 people liked this

OtisBFilthy
Casual Listener

I have always had this same problem as well.  Everything works fine one moment and the next it tells me I'm offline   It happens with WiFi and with cell data.  This isn't a provider problem, or a WiFi problem, or a firewall problem... This is a Spotify problem.  When all other services using internet work just fine and only 1 thing can seem to figure out you have an internet connection the answer is obvious,  that 1 thing has a problem... It this case that 1 thing is Spotify.   The app has numerous issues and none of them have been made better in the years I've been using the service.  Literally the only thing keeping me around is the daunting task of rebuilding my playlists elsewhere but I'm starting to reach that point. 

audielinn

Thank you. This finally worked for me. Not sure why it was happening in the first place, since I have not recently changed my Facebook password, but once I logged out of Spotify and logged back in using my Facebook account, I have stopped getting the "You are offline" message (when I wasn't offline). Strangely, this was only happening at a coffeeshop, not at home or anywhere else. So, I was having to use cellular data service to listen to Spotify whenever I was at my fave coffeeshop, and that was putting me over my monthly data limit and costing me $$, so I am very happy to have this resolved now!

SUGGESTED POSTS