I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!

Re: I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Mbrady5

Spotify is the only app that I can't access online on my mobile device.  I have cell service AND full WIFI connection, but spotify still says it has no internet connectivity.  This is causing me to look at other apps ASAP.  Any help would be appreciated.  

daveymoore1
Casual Listener

This is fing ridiculous that spotify hasnt figured this out.  I think Im done with them

Highlighted

visom

This offline bug is really getting to me.
I have a laptop which I use sometimes connected to the docking station with a fixed cable and sometimes disconnected from docking station (using wifi). Everytime I switch Spotify looses connection and goes into offline mode. Starting in either wifi or at docking station works fine, so it's the switch that kills Spotify.

Everything else works fine in both modes, only Spotify has this bug.

Spotify really need to have a look at this and in worst case allow the users to force a connection check to see if there's a connection.

Drashier
Casual Listener

My spotify says it's offline on both data and wifi even with a 100mbps wifi and/or full 4g+ if i restart spotify on android 9, Oneplus 6T on latest software update

anchenodai
Regular

lasta beta version don't fix anything... same problem in the rest of Europe. we are not the only ones complaining. Incredible as spotify in recent months has not yet managed to solve the problem. ..

realxcreator

Go to your hosts folder in Windows/System32 and make sure you don’t have any Spotify hosts blocked. This is the culprit here. Other fix, is logging in by Facebook. If that does not work, then 100% hosts file with a blocked Spotify host

GreggOd
Casual Listener

I have the exact same issue! It was working fine and now i cant get it to work at all. Its stuck in offline mode.

So i removed spotify and now I cant even login. Its so annoying that it makes you want to smash and break something.

Technology is so frustrating!

GreggOd
Casual Listener

Okay so I think I have figured this out. Spotify gets confused between Ethernet and WIFI. Looks like if Wifi is on, even though not connected, Spotify by default will want to use it. Thats why people like us with docks are having this issue.

What you need to do is if you are using ethernet, turn off your wifi.
Undock your machine
Close and remove spotify
Dock your machine (ensuring only ethernet is on)
Install spotify
Login and it should be good.

Let me know if this works.

azpunky
Music Fan
My guess is that Spotify doesn't have adequate ECN (edge servers).

cs812
Music Fan

maybe click off app and then restart it

SUGGESTED POSTS