I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!

I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

AnnaT14

I was just listening to my regular playlist and then I tried to discontect Facebook. Suddenly, Spotify changed into Offline-mode. Do I need to change back or something? Why does it say "Offline" when I have full internet connection???? I've tried to shut it down and open again but it doesn't work. HELP PLEASE, I'M DYING HERE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hi all,

First please check @SpotifyStatus and/ or the Ongoing Issues board to make sure there isn't a larger issue.

Next, if it's a connection issue, you may see one or more of the following: 

• All tracks grayed out.
  • Nothing happening when you press play, or try to use any features.
  • Error messages saying Spotify is offline or No internet connection detected.

These steps should get you back up and running: 

• Turn your WiFi off. Wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your router.
  • If you’re using a data connection, check you have enough data allowance (although we recommend using WiFi if possible).
  • Make sure Spotify isn’t in offline mode (in the app’s Settings, under Playback).
  • Check your firewall (if you use one) has Spotify set as an exception.
  • Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. You can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information.
  • If possible, try it with a different WiFi network. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

View solution in original post

609 Replies

theabsentee67
Regular

I've found a solution DEEZER!! Seriously it will break my heart leaving Spotify after the pleasure it has brought me over the years but enough is enough! I really thought some young wizz kid would have posted a solution but it's looking unlikely so I'll test the free version of Deezer & see if it has all my rather obscure artists that I follow, if it has & nobody comes up with a long term solution to this by the end of this week I'm done!! Sorry this rant isn't helping anyone but atleast I'm sharing my frustration with like minding users..

Swordy79
Roadie
Excellent im going 2 give it a try aswell if it does what i want im done
with spotify!

Oolong__T
Casual Listener

I have the exact same problem. I always have to force stop the app to make it work again. It's a very annoying problem. Please fix it ASAP. 

sconemegamix
Music Fan

Yes do a force stop and it now seems ok. Time will tell..

LucyLuLuu
Gig Goer

Time has told

OP was 2012-04

That's telling

Swordy79
Roadie
What does that mean??

Stuart-Oxlade
Casual Listener

I get this happening to me about 10 times a day when I'm listening to music at work. It's also telling that when you try to go back to the Artist or Album, both options are greyed out so I can't get back to them without shutting down the app and reopening it.

I've tried signing out and back in again

I've tried restarting my phone

What else can fix this bug? It's a problem, especially when I'm driving and trying to listen to music and I have to deal with that on top. 

theabsentee67
Regular

I've been testing Spotify on a older android phone for a couple of days & it's fine.  No offline issues, I'm wondering if there's anyway this could be something in the phone settings, my problem is with my Samsung S8 ..

Swordy79
Roadie
Ye my prob is on a samsung s8 aswell but i cant think what else could
change in settings.
I have tried everything i can think of&everything thats been suggested i
just dont think theres anything left to try now

sconemegamix
Music Fan
I reinstalled the app and it seems to have worked so far

Swordy79
Roadie
I did that aswell sometimes lasts 4 a week sometimes a day or so then back
to the offline thing🤬
Thanks 4 the reply tho

theabsentee67
Regular

Reinstalled the app about 20 times over the last month, it isn't a long term fix for some of us !! 

Swordy79
Roadie
Yes i agree!have done this many times also.
Am ova this**bleep** issue with spotify am currantly trying deezer which so
far is going perfect wth no issues!yay!
Time to delete spotify and cancel account no more paying for a service i
cant use.
Only suggestion i have is to give deezer a trial!
Good luck

LadyMac79
Regular
With the platform of deezer do you find artist interaction profound?

sconemegamix
Music Fan
Yeah man... I'm very close to cancelling my subscription with Spotify. I've had 5 years of perfect performance from Spotify but it's really getting on my wick atm. Must give Deezer a shot.

LadyMac79
Regular
Is it still your connection or just the service what benefits do you see to deeper

Swordy79
Roadie
The benefits of deezer is that it actually works m&does what its ment to
unlike spotify were i am paying for a service that doesnt work and its not
my connection as deezer works fine on same device

Stuart-Oxlade
Casual Listener

I'm also on a Samsung S8. There's clearly a pattern emerging here. Spotify - please help!

Swordy79
Roadie
Yes there defintly is and spotify are well aware of it and seem unintrested
in a solution

Catgut1
Regular
Thanks very much for the info.

sconemegamix
Music Fan

I'm having this problem constantly now for weeks... when I try to search it says I'm in offline mode but I'm not.. I have full internet connection. Restarting the phone seems to work for short while bit then goes back to saying I'm offline. It's doing my head in. I've logged out and in again but that doesn't work. Any ideas guys?

SUGGESTED POSTS