I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!

Re: I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

jcampau

I emailed them twice about this issue and then solved it on my own after poking around for several WEEKS! It was so simple, I just "logged out" and then logged in via the buttons "log in using Facebook". I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason when I set up my account forever ago it was done so via my Facebook account and I never actually set up a username and password. When i changed my Password on my Facebook about a month ago is when the problem began. It just needed to re sign in using the app on my phone so the two apps could connect. problem solved. 

1 person liked this

derejam
Regular

i have just sorted the Spotify offline problem on my Apple.

Just click on 'preferences', scroll down to 'proxy', and click on HTTPS .

Hopefully it will work then. It did for me immediately.   

derejam
Regular

Just to follow up on my previous post. When I next tried Spotify the same offline message persistently appeared. So in Spotify preferences I scrolled to 'proxy' again, and clicked back onto the top one again then back to 'HTTPS', and it worked.

Hope this helps.    

9 people liked this

dance_genius

I did not register through facebook and now that I logged out I cant get back in. I have full internet connection and it still says that there is no service availible. I cannot get back in to check/uncheck the offline button so I am at a loss. Are there any other solutions other than the ones related to facebook?

bean420
Music Fan

I have always had this problem, no matter my facebook status. No matter the signal strength. I can't even log back in using facebook, now that I've logged off. It will send me to the shared login page, then, after submitting details, just goes back to Spotify login, without any credentials. 

Useless. It works one week, then not the next. It's never worked on my phone, but the tablet usually has a shot. I need this for work, so PLEASE make it work! 

Using a Nexus on Lollipop currently, but it's suffered through various OS. 

1 person liked this

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@bean420 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

bean420
Music Fan

Thanks for getting back to me, Matt Suda. 

After this update, however, I think I need some time to think about my subscription :/  

If they replace a lot of missing functions, and I'm still having this problem, I will follow your advice. 

1 person liked this

gamerdude
Casual Listener
Hello. I'm having the same issue but sort of differently I guess. When I am browsing it says I'm offline so I went to settings to switch it to online like I see on other comments and it isn't there at all??? Help please

gamerdude
Casual Listener

3 people liked this

derejam
Regular

Hi gamerdude ......... Well it seems that trying the method in my first post only worked a couple of times. 

So when I wanted to listen to some stuff the other day I patiently kept typing the artist name in 'Search' and clicking to call up the name, to be told 'No internet connection"

So all I did was to keep clicking maybe half a dozen times or so and watching the bottom right hand corner where it tells you if connected.

My patience paid off .

So worth a try .

Cannot believe Spotify have not sorted this persistent problem out.

Brilliant site, but this definitely needs fixing.   

SUGGESTED POSTS