I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!
3 people liked this

Re: I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

derejam
Regular

Hello folks , well I just tried all kinds of stuff to be told I was offline 7 seperate times. (Of course I am not offline) 

So I tried this ...... I entered  Elton John in 'Search' and then clicked on me 'Derejam' in the top right hand corner of the screen and bingo, it worked. 

So I quit Spotify and tried the same thing. It didn't work the first time but it did the second.

I really think Spotify needs to truly sort this or Apple will walk all over them.   

eagamache

I just purchased spotify for the first time, i downloaded it and its on my computer but when i try to log in it says i have no internet connection, but i 100% do, i have tried closing the program, rebooting my computer, everything, how can i fix this?

jaqs
Casual Listener

My playlist was Offline, (when I wasn't offline) and only half my albums were coming up, they were playing, but everything else was offline.  I tried everything derejam mentioned in her last few posts.  Went to Preferences, then advanced settings, then changed from 'auto detect' to 'HTTPS',,  then had to reset, then changed back , then reset, then did it again.

Really annoying I know, but it worked, so try that eagamache

jaqs
Casual Listener
by the way, thanx derejam. You saved the day I can't go without my music :)

mattias1970

Hi,

I had the same problem, but after uninstalling Skype, my Spotify workes perfectly, so there might be a conflict between the two programs...

user-removed
Not applicable

I have same issue, I will be connected to Wifi and it says no internet connection, but on my mobile network it will show i am connected. Also there are some locations that my wifi does work, but not the one in my room. I am in college, and the public wifi works, but my personal one doesnt. I have no idea what is going on with this, I also have Premium so its not because its the free version or anything.

1 person liked this

derejam
Regular

Hi Jeveritt1216 and others , yes this is so frustrating. I recently tried all the things I had done before and no success. It took me 10 minutes of persistent fiddling in settings and eventually connected. Trouble is I had been messing around so much I can't remeber exactly what succeeded. So it seems every time I try something a bit different I eventually get connected. 

You have cleared up one doubt I had . I thought the problem was because I had not signed up for premium, but that obviously is not it.

So all us sufferers can say is .....COME ON SPOTIFY, GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED !!!!!! 

Leeburchett
My YouTube isn't working and I don't have a reason why it keeps on saying that I'm offline but all my other online games work

derejam
Regular

Hi Leeburchett, the being told one is offline when one isn't is weird stuff. Just tried YouTube and that is fine but Spotify, guess what, yep, offline. 

All I can suggest, whenever this happens, is to go into 'preferences, and try all kinds of diffent alterations, which is what I do, and eventually the damned thing seems to wake up and function.

Regards

derejam    

Richbeck23
Uninstalling Skype worked for me on my Samsung galaxy s5, so far anyway. I never use skype but somehow it was messing things up
SUGGESTED POSTS