I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

Solved!

I have full internet connection, but it says I'm offline?

AnnaT14

I was just listening to my regular playlist and then I tried to discontect Facebook. Suddenly, Spotify changed into Offline-mode. Do I need to change back or something? Why does it say "Offline" when I have full internet connection???? I've tried to shut it down and open again but it doesn't work. HELP PLEASE, I'M DYING HERE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hi all,

First please check @SpotifyStatus and/ or the Ongoing Issues board to make sure there isn't a larger issue.

Next, if it's a connection issue, you may see one or more of the following: 

• All tracks grayed out.
  • Nothing happening when you press play, or try to use any features.
  • Error messages saying Spotify is offline or No internet connection detected.

These steps should get you back up and running: 

• Turn your WiFi off. Wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your router.
  • If you’re using a data connection, check you have enough data allowance (although we recommend using WiFi if possible).
  • Make sure Spotify isn’t in offline mode (in the app’s Settings, under Playback).
  • Check your firewall (if you use one) has Spotify set as an exception.
  • Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. You can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information.
  • If possible, try it with a different WiFi network. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

View solution in original post

609 Replies

John_Mathis
Roadie

Found it. I have paid the 10 bucks and I have a JOIN PREMIUM button on my front page. I did that and the spotify settings doesn't even show that I am a paid member.

Kellybbbbb
Casual Listener

Same exact issue! I have never connected to FB so it can't be a FB log in issue. I have unlimited data and I have Wi-Fi available. Neither option  is working. I have deleted the app, deleted caches, restarted my phone, added the app back. Tried changing password and then went through that all again. Still doesn't work. This is so frustrating and the solutions posted don't work. It's a bit ridiculous that this is an issue for so many people.

Trialia
Casual Listener

*sigh* I have a problem that is sort of similar but has nothing whatsoever to do with any Facebook changes. When I set my "sleep" playlist to run at bedtime I want it to carry on until I wake up (I wake several times a night as I have chronic health problems). However, I wake up an hour or two later, after leaving it running as I fell asleep, to total silence. And I didn't ask it to stop or put it into any kind of sleep mode. The same goes for my Android handset; the playlist should have continued without interruption.

So... why wouldn't it?

Trialia / xaedere
unfaithful-mirror.net

John_Mathis
Roadie

Microsoft vs. RDIO. Microsoft has a lot of music but RDIO was easier to program into stations for each occasion.. Spotify is (really) too dark, and claims to have music programs or sets. I rather liked my stations. 

Microsoft is taking a negative attitude towards the TRUMP. FUNNY, but they shouldn' throw stones. I try not to. 

Hey it's Micro something, maybe that has one thing to do with it. I erased this twice trying to write it but I have big fingers and it may be the DELL computer board. 

One question I have is: Isn't communication with others about things may you feel better. It does me!

Nondidjos
Casual Listener

Its been an issue since 2012, cant beleive this bug hasnt been fixed yet, but yeah, same here.

Nondidjos
Casual Listener

Yikes. Cant delete this from mobile. Oh well.

BigDaddyBuru
Casual Listener
Lol yea but I have to give it to Spotify they sure kick the **bleep** out of I
heart or any of the other streaming services. Appreciate the response bud

jmhanash_

Hi. I'm also trying to login to spotify after I got logged out for some reason, and then it says you are set to offline mode" though I have an internet connection. What should I do with this?

bragiarnason1

I can´t do anything on Spotify, says I´m offline, the "mouse"  is on constant circular movement as well, like it is waiting for me to do something, but doesn´t do it in other places, f ex. like in Word.

All advice warmly appreciated

ullamm
Casual Listener

Now, this is an old thread, but I still have this problem today 2018. I have full internet access but not on my Spotify Unlimited. I have checked that "offline" is not on, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify a few times, I have disconnedted and reconneted my internet, I have logged in and logged out several times. No success. What more can I do?

ankespieksma
Music Fan

Can you sign in on other accounts? And does this problem only occur on your laptop?

ullamm
Casual Listener

I only have one account on Spotify. And the problem is the same on two different computers - one laptop and one desktop.

John_Mathis
Roadie

I wish you added the version of Windows you are using.

John_Mathis
Roadie

Seriously, creating a new user account lets Windows have the internet helm. It's easier for coding problems, such as those caused by PROGRAMS with errors than change networking to suit.  There is a LOT of that.  

Programs that clean the cache, that give you added Privacy, Tweaking tools, edit thje Registry. All of these, come or should come with a caveat. You may "screw up" your computer , O/S and so on. Seek to reverse these errors, Maybe?

D4HL3N
Casual Listener

yeah i have done the same and it still doesn´t work, I think it might be something in register somewhere that the problem is 

John_Mathis
Roadie

Have you tried to use a uninstaller. Advanced installer pro removes reference to an install, files made in the creation of installing it such as cache files and registry files. take Spotify for example; may have had an update or three and somethin' incredibly incompatable happens. Removing all those files by hand if necessary may put things in order. It worked for me.

Another cure is to set up a separate user account; an administrative account takes a lot of maintenance, install a user account will cure the in and out of order internet connection problem.

Add: accept as solution and like this if it works so it gets passed around.

WillowJ

i havent done anything about facebook when it comes to spotify but im offline ......

D4HL3N
Casual Listener

Same for me **bleep** well, have trid to delete everything that has to do with spotify in AppData\Local and in the Roaming folder still doenst work..... I have the latest Windows 10 update..... Think this thread need to be re-opend

Cdsadasdadapture.JPG

delaseivad
Casual Listener
I solved my issue like this....

Go to 'settings'
Data usage.
Mobile data usage.
(find Spotify in the list of apps and tap on it)
Turn OFF 'wi-fi disabled'.
Turn OFF 'data usage disabled'

Fixed!
Hope it works for you.

cxckmc_x-sqzs

This worked for me. Thanks so much 👌.

@delaseivad wrote:
I solved my issue like this....

Go to 'settings'
Data usage.
Mobile data usage.
(find Spotify in the list of apps and tap on it)
Turn OFF 'wi-fi disabled'.
Turn OFF 'data usage disabled'

Fixed!
Hope it works for you.

John_Mathis
Roadie

Thanks! I am new Win 10 user and this is news to me, and as a nerd this is very helpful.   It seems though that a lot of these users are using an earlier version. How cam I repair my Vista Home Pro? Thanks in advance.

SUGGESTED POSTS