Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have to reinstall Spotify everytime the PC turns on

I have to reinstall Spotify everytime the PC turns on

Hello, so basicly what's happening to me is,
If i don't do a fresh reinstall to spotify everytime i start the pc, any song that hasn't yet been loaded, for example, songs that aren't in my favorite songs, have "never" heard, etc, won't load. I have to reinstall spotify and everything works perfectly, until i turn off the PC.

In this screenshot, after i did a fresh reinstall, i added "Stupid Girl" to the queue, and it worked and plays normally. After restarting the PC, i added 4 more songs, i still hadn't heard, nor were they in any playlist of mine or anything (if they were it would load), and none of them loads. But any other song that i have already heard works.
2019-02-11 20_49_27-Window.png

What might be happening?

Plan

Free

Device

Asus Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

6 Replies

i too get the same EXACT problem. I'm sure there are hundreds, if not thousands of people with the same exact problem.

You described the same symptoms i'm having EXACTLY to a tee.

I've had spotify desktop for years and this just started happening recently. Every other device and account works just fine but not on desktop. This is absolutely ridiculous and I am considering other streaming platforms since Spotify can't seem to get **bleep** right. What kind of streaming app is limited by its software devlopers incompetence? Absolutely RIDICULOUS that Spotify hasn't even corrected the problem yet.

I agree on the fact that every other device works properly with no other problem, except the desktop app. At the beginning i thought i wouldn't mind reinstalling until it got fixed, but after the second day it was getting pretty frustrating, and it's been a week now and there is no fix in sight... 

Ok. I give up. 

After all these weeks of reinstalling spotify everyday, i now reinstalled spotify to find that every playlist, including favorite songs is empty (only on the desktop app). Even my shared playlists are empty. I can't listen to anything, cause nothing works. I'm just gonna quit spotify on desktop until you find a solution cause it is really sad to see how much spotify really values their customers needs and issues. I'm glad i've never decided to spend my own money buying spotify premium, cause after all this, i really won't put my money on something that only sometimes works as it should.

I'll be waiting for a solution, if there ever is one.

Same here, every day.  I've been on the fence with Spotify for a while now, this may finally push me to cancel and go with a more professional service.

Hey @HeavenKinder @DavidViggiano @hakaveli

There are some bugs in the desktop app right now, the issues you are facing may be related to this or this. You can vote for these so they will catch more attention. I hope these will be fixed very soon, please be patient and try the steps described in the links at least. Also there is a workaround described by another user here which seems to be working for some users. You can also try that

I wish you a great day 🙂

I have been "patient" for over two years now with the issue of Spotify reinstalling whenever I open it from my Windows 7 and Windows 10 PCs, either with the desktop icon it creates or in the shortcut list  Enough already.  This is likely buggering up the registry and causing some slow downs with PCs.  Can't they fix this stupid long time issue?  It is enough to make me switch to Apple Music. 

Suggested posts