Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm going to time how long it is before I can play ANY music from launching the application

I'm going to time how long it is before I can play ANY music from launching the application

After being forced off of the only reliable piece of software these developers have ever created I feel like I can be snarky in return and prove that your software is BROKEN and you should FIX it before you FORCE users to USE something that is unUSEable. 

Benchmark: Spotify 0.8.5 = Approx 2 seconds

System Specks:

Intel i7 clocked at 3.4GHz

8GB DDR 3 Ram

2TB Harddrive With 500GB free space

Geforce GTX 670

Windows 7 64 Bit

Computer currently has no melware on it and is maintained to a high standard. 

Background apps:  Skype, Chrome, AVG & your standard Windows dll's and what services. 

My profile does have a lot of playlists and a beefy library with THOUSANDS of songs, so I understand it's more then your casual user, but I really cannot stress how much this needs to be addressed as opposed to adding frivilious soicla features. 

Launch time: 9.10am

1 Reply

It must be noted that this is after a fresh & clean install of Spotify

Update: 09.12am UI is unresponsive and the program appears to be hanging but SLOWLY loading each playlist I have.

Once I am able to tell you how many playlists and songs I have my library I will add them

Spotify is currently taking 12% of my processor and 120MB Ram

-09.14am- Program is no longer responding message comes up, but this is quickly fixed. And the message goes away

-09.15am- UI is responding! *clicks on playlist* UI stops responding

-09.16am- ANOTHER this program is not responding message, I understand that it's probably importing all my playlists and local files but LOL, the old version did this in 30 seconds with NO hanging.

-09.17am- SUCCESS I can finally play a song & everything seems to be fine.

Library = 48,726 tracks

Playlists = 213

Now I must admit the software seems a lot snappier then it used to (from a previous version?) now that I finally opened it but that took SEVEN minutes.

Did I also mention this is the 10th time I've tried to launch Spotify today & this is the first time it succeded? 

As mentioned earlier I said I would relaunch once its finally imported all my library/playlist

09.20 - Launch Spotify

09.22 - Spotify crashes trying to load feed *I have a 150mega bit internet connection connected over ethernet with*

09.23 - Spotify allows me to play a song but the feed crashes spotify HOWEVER it eventually runs to what I'd consider an acceptable level of responsivness to end what I'd consider the 'loading' time at 09.24

This is on a high end machine, can I remind you this, it shouldn't take 4 minutes and multiples freezes to load a mediaplayer in this day and agem.

UPDATE 09.34 

Spotify closes it's self -_-

Suggested posts