I receive an SMS with a password but cannot find any place where to insert it

Highlighted

I receive an SMS with a password but cannot find any place where to insert it

Casual Listener

Hi,

I cannot use Spotify at all (!) because when I log-in, my Spotify tells me that "You will shortly get an SMS with a password code to log in". Then I receive the SMS but cannot find any place where to insert the password.

The user interface tells that I am already logged in, but it also says that I am off-line and therefore, I cannot listen to any music.

Googling about this problem has not helped so far, so I wish that someone here could help me!

Br.

Pasi

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: I receive an SMS with a password but cannot find any place where to insert it

Community Legend
You can't login to Spotify correctly if you have login approvals turned on over on Facebook. You either need to disable login approvals or set a special app password over on Facebook for Spotify to login:
https://www.facebook.com/help/249378535085386/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Re: I receive an SMS with a password but cannot find any place where to insert it

Casual Listener

Hi! I managed to solve the problem accidentally. Facebook warned me that an unknown browser is trying to log-in. Then I got a page in which I was offered for some extra codes. I also changed my password... and suddenly I can log into Spotify without the damned SMS codes 🙂  

Well, solving problems accidentally does not really increase my understanding of the problem or of the solution. Anyways, have a nice day, all of you Spotify users!

SUGGESTED POSTS