Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Imported itunes playlist songs grayed out, but available in library

Imported itunes playlist songs grayed out, but available in library

First, this question is asked here but it won't let me reply

The issue I have is I imported several playlists from itunes several years ago, recently these songs have become grayed out and unplayable in the playlist (on both windows and my iPhone), however if I search the spotify library they are there and available, so they're not blocked for my location.

For instance, here is my playlist, we have Moby, Play & Play: B sides. It is grayed out, I can't play it from the playlist, "Go to Artist" and "Go to Album" are grayed out. If I "Add to Playlist" and add it to a different playlist, it is grayed out in that playlist as well:

playlist.jpg

If I search spotify for the artist and go to the album, it's all good. I can play it:

library.jpg

So I know the obvious answer is probably delete the songs from the playlist, then re add them, but that's not good enough. I have 30+ playlists and 1000s of songs that are doing this. I'm not going to do each song one at a time, I also like the order the playlists are in, sometimes I shuffle them, sometimes I don't and some of these playlists go back 10+ years (from my itunes library), I'm not ready to let go and I'm certainly not ready to go back to itunes.

2 Replies

Anybody? 

It's not possible anymore. I also entered it so please also like my idea, they are really ignoring it without any reason. We need a lot of likes for them to realize or change to Apple music

Suggested posts