Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Installation location spotify

Solved!

Installation location spotify

Is it possible to install Spotify on a different location then in the profile. We are using roaming profiles and it's not really helpfull if a application like this uses about 50mb of profile space.

Best,

Delarian

64 Replies

Revo Uninstaller!

major discovery today: the new spotify from "windows store" installs into a secret directory, impossible to find. However, if you install from the spotify website, reject the attempt to install from play store, and do alternative install directly from spotify website. The install app from there will install to the older directory [c, programs, spotify], but you may need to have an older version previoiusly installed at this older location they used to use. I cut and pasted this older version and folder from my desktop to new laptop via homegroup, then got the updated version from the spotify website as described above, and it was then updated to the directory of my choosing. However, it is possible if you do a clean install from the spotify website, it might also install to the older c, program, spotify, i did  not try that.

no longer works if you install from the windows store, seems it is installed to a secret directory. If you install directly from the spotify website (reject the first attempt to install from the windows store), it will likely give you a visible install location

Just noticed this Windows Store stuff as well...

I'm fine with hiding or just warning users about messing with installation files. But completely locking potential power-users from accessing them altogether? That's ridiculous!

It's so stupid that it sometimes causes the shortcut to disapear from the taskbar after you try to pin it there, because Windows can't find the **bleep** original file.

And Microsoft has the **bleep** to try and push this Store nonsense even further by making a W10 version that is restricted to it as its only source of applications.

---

Oh, Spotify censors minor curse words too? What if I had to talk about playing sports which involve **bleep** in their core mechanics?

I think, after reading your post, I will copy my current spotify directory,
so if a future update switches it to hidden location, I can return to one
that does not.

Suggested posts